August 22, 2015

Dear Journal,
I decided to text Stephanie, but I prepared only a little.  "Hey Stephanie, I was wondering how you've been."  I got a reply right away, saying "Umm hey I have been better, but I have no place to stay since both grandparents died."  I had no clue what to say, but "why not come to Iowa, I can get you a plane ticket and my dad might say yes."  She definitely read the text, but for some reason never replied.  Eventually she FaceTimed me and let's just say she is not the same girl she used to be.
     She had blonde hair and blue eyes.  Her hair was curly at the tips, but she usually straightened them.  She had a popular style of ripped blue jeans and a white crop top.  Now her hair is in tight braids and she is wearing a schoolgirl outfit.  She must be at some sort of orphanage, I assumed.  I really need her here, but who knew if she would want to come especially since they had not talked in a year.  I told her all about my life over the year, she even said yes to coming to live with me in Iowa.  So all I have to do is talk to my dad.
     So right now it is 8:00pm and I just ate dinner plus talking to my dad about Stephanie moving in.  He said he'd talk to the foster home about taking her in.  So I guess we'll find out tomorrow if she can come live with us.

                        -Brooklyn