Chapter9: First Shenanigans

Start from the beginning

"The entrance to our common room is right here," she said, pointing to a stone wall.

She approached the latter and murmured:

- Forked tongue. Remember the password, it will change every week so check with you on Sunday evening to know before Monday morning.

With that, the wall shook and slowly opened. The passage was narrow, not allowing more than one person at a time to enter. One by one the students entered and discovered their common room.

It was a dungeon, well it looked like it. The walls were of stone, the green color dominated the room by its presence on the hangings which dressed the room and on the armchairs which surrounded a broad chimney. Some work tables finished to furnish the room. The room was dark, despite the candles. This place would have made many children run away, sorry to spend seven years, but this was not the case for any of them. All were Slytherins after all, and the darkness and calmness of the place immediately seduced them.

A group of older students, some to be in their final year, were waiting for them. Alexander caught Gemma's astonished look when she noticed them. Obviously, this was not part of the welcoming traditions of the early years. Unconsciously, Alexander straightened up, his eyes hardened. He felt the confrontation coming. One of them, a colossus over eight feet tall, approached.

- Malfoy and Nott, Higgs wants to see you. The others, get away.

The first year students moved away, backing away from the center of attention that was now an eleven-year-old blond. Without realizing it, they formed a circle, watching, waiting for the answer. Theodore had not moved, as iced, Blaise had obeyed, guessing the subject of the audience. Draco had looked up but was silent.

Alexander did not move an eyelash, staying close to his cousin, proud and upright.

- The least of the courtesies would have been to introduce themselves. Decidedly, the English behave like vulgar muggles. Alexander snapped at Draco.

A screaming scrout in an apothecary shop would not have done more damage.

The wizards who accompanied their interlocutor approached, looking menacing. Inside, Draco prayed, for once, for Alexander's magic to make his own. They had no chance otherwise: they were only first year, had not even started classes and knew no attack spell ... Decidedly, his cousin did not miss one. The colossus turned his gaze on Elder Black, his eyes reflecting anger, but also a certain disgust.

- I do not talk to milked them.

An unhealthy smile was born on Alexander's face. Draco shuddered, anticipating what was going to happen.

- Draco will not go anywhere without me.

The tone was firm and relentless. The Malfoy son sighed. Could he not at least consult him? What did he look like now?

The young man was starting to get excited. He could not appreciate seeing a child who did not even come to his shoulder to counter and provoke him. It was necessary to show him as soon as possible who really directed at the Slytherins. Without a word, he pulled out his wand and pointed it at Alexander who did not even blink.

- Attack a freshman, but what courage ...

He would certainly have continued to taunt him, if a spell had not been cast in a flash.

- Stupefy!

Alexander could not dodge. He felt the spell act and his body become heavier then stiffen. Draco gave him a worried look.

- Mathew, he's not wrong. If you can not even convince young people to obey you without attacking them, I have to think about replacing you.

Another young man had appeared, smaller, finer and more graceful, he seemed to possess a little more mental faculty than the previous one.