Chapter8: Hogwarts

Start from the beginning

Lost in his reflections, he did not see the time pass and soon he had to put himself in uniform: the castle of Hogwarts approached.

- Alexander. You are ignoring me ?

Draco did not even look at him as they changed, but the tone of his voice revealed his anxiety. A tender smile on his face, the Black son answered him:

- No, I'm just pissed and stressed, like you.

- We forget ?

- Of course.

So they left the train side by side, reconciled but still anxious.

Once again, they were seized by the crowd around them. They did not appreciate the jostling, shouting, great gestures to greet who were turning into blows for the neighbors. Draco could feel Alexander's nervousness growing and worried. If he ever unleashed his magic, which he was doing only in case of great anger, their arrival at Hogwarts would be noticed ...

At last they heard a loud voice shouting:

- The first years, here, come with me.

When they drew near, following the direction of the call, they could observe a very tall and stout man, with a long beard mingling with his hair. Draco blanched at the state of his outfit and whispered to his friend:

- Please do not tell me that this bitch is a teacher.

An amused laugh, as much for Draco's fear as for the situation and the quickdraw of the man, answered him. The giant because he deserved this nickname Alexander, waited a few minutes while gradually the first years arrived.

Alexander recognized Hermione, a little apart from others, his help to find the toad had not allowed him to join the group. He scanned the faces, the outfits, not knowing what he was looking for. Then he understood. When his eyes met Henry Potter's, he knew he had found what he wanted. The Potter's son looked like his father, brown, glasses, a tanned complexion. He looked at everyone from above, sure of his superiority. After all, he was the son of James and Lily Potter, two of the country's most famous aurors. At his side, Alexander recognized Ron Weasley, that fool more noisy than a dragon, still red, looking bewildered. He also noticed Neville, plump, eyes sparkling with mischief. He could have pity on the boy whose two parents had been tortured to the point of madness by his aunt, but to see his attitude so similar to Henry's, he just wanted to follow the family tradition that Bellatrix had instituted : the torture of Longbottom.

- Draco.

It was just a whisper, but that's enough to get his friend's attention on the band. Immediately, he sent him some information, reported by his father. The latter had advised him to help his cousin. Indeed, Alexander did not know the English wizarding world, he was not aware of relations, rivalries or alliances between families.

- Longbottom was picked up by the Potters after the small crisis of his parents. Her grandmother wanted her guard, but they claimed she was too old. She files an appeal every year to recover it, but it is always refused. She has never even been able to see him since he lives with them.

Brown discreetly thanked his friend. He knew everything about Weasley or Potter, Sirius had thought it necessary, but he did not know that.

He watched, discontented, his former brother who laughed with his friends while pointing at him, a clear sign that no one had been able to instil in this child the rules of politeness. He decided to intervene. He could not leave such behavior without punishment when the giant spoke again.

- All right, everyone is here I think. I am Hagrid, guardian of Hogwarts keys. I will drive you to school by another way. Follow me.

The children then took a small narrow path, lined with trees that gave them the false impression that they were rushing into a forest. They spoke very little. The darkness surrounded them and the freshness of the night made them, when they were not accustomed to the Russian climate, shudder. Finally, they arrived on the banks of a lake and a collective exclamation sounded.