Chapter7: Preparations

Start from the beginning

The child frowned.

- I'm getting tired of always hearing that I'm too young! I know how the future will be, I just want it to start now. I do not want to wait anymore.

Sirius thoughtfully looked at his daughter. Several times already she had spoken of this knowledge of the future. Katrina and he were intrigued by these speeches.

- Little sister, you have to be patient. You are too weak to face these days. You must learn, grow. Listen to Aunt Bella's advice, work with mom, master the etiquette with grandmother, prepare yourself so that the future you are waiting for is as beautiful as possible.

Alexander was always sweet with his younger sister. He yielded to her a lot, listened to her thoughts on her future marriage, she never even specified who would be the lucky one, but he also knew how to play the role of big brother to perfection. When he spoke to her like this, the child always recorded the advice, absorbed it, and fed on it. All knew that despite her small manipulations, she admired her elder. Alexander was his hero and his word was more precious than that of a god.

She nodded, almost ashamed now of her impatience. Yes, she would work hard and be up to it when the day comes.

Thus Sirius and Alexander apparated to the Magiya district. Gregorovitch held his baguette shop there, a few steps from the Sureau café, on the main street. It took place in buildings of four floors, probably dating from the nineteenth century. All the little Russians went to this shop to receive their wands. A trade war was raging between Ollivanders, the English manufacturer and Gregorovitch. He murmured that if the chopsticks of the English were, for the most part, more powerful than those of Russian, the latter had the capacity to produce some exceptional chopsticks, for future great wizards. Thus, we went home with the hope of being endowed with one of these chopsticks and it came out most often disappointed. Unlike Ollivanders, who used only three hearts for his creations: the unicorn hair, the phoenix feather and the dragon ventricle, the Russian liked experimenting with various ingredients. The problem remained that most of his creations never found wizard to their measure.

Sirius pushed open the massive door of the shop. They entered a bright room, embellished with two massive armchairs and a large desk. The space was quite small, most of the space in the room was reserved for the owner and his chopsticks. The walls were lined with large bookcases, on which were arranged long chopsticks boxes, meticulously classified according to their heart, their wood and their size. Everything breathed here order and calm: Gregorovitch was famous for his manic character. For a wizard like Sirius, who got his wand at Ollivanders, the contrast was crystal clear. The English shop breathed creation, imagination and madness, that of the Russian method, organization and scientific know-how.

An old, long-haired wizard raised the head of his studio, located at the far right of the room and sheltered curious eyes by large libraries full of rods.

- Hello, a little wizard looking for his wand?

He approached, already studying the child to find the one that would suit him best.

Alexander was not big for his eleven years. He stood upright and princely beside his father, staring at the wizard with a look that made him uncomfortable. He seemed to study the world, to observe in order to detect the weaknesses of his interlocutors. He had inherited from his mother that famous look, which without necessarily attacking the interlocutor, pushed him greatly to serve and obey. His skin was pale, of a delicate whiteness and contrasted with his raven hair. The latter was cut to the square and a few strands fell regularly, becoming the eyes.

Gregorovitch frowned. He did not recognize the father of the child, a hint less to find the perfect wand.

- You are ?