Confrontation

"Finn." Is all the Lantern Bearer said at first.

"You thought I wouldn't find you?" He added, his long twisting, nails beginning to dig into Finn's shoulder. He repulsed in pain, and once Wirt removed his nails Finn instinctively held his hand over his throbbing shoulder. There was the slightest bit of blood beginning to surface.

Wirt's unnecessary -though mild- violence made Finn's blood boil. Why would you hurt someone before they've even spoken?
He has no idea what I'm capable of.

"I knew you'd find me. I wanted you to find me." Finn lied.

Wirt raised an eyebrow to suggest clarification. He kept his calm facade however.

"Lets settle this once and for all." Finn smiled confidently.

Wirt laughed. He leaned down to meet Finn's eyes (though mostly to remind him who had the upper hand).

"I took down Bill and I can take you down."

Wirt finally noticed Bill in the ally, wiping tears of laughter -and spit- from his eyes.

"Bill is in the body of a sweaty teenage boy. I should hope you can take him down." Wirt commented.

"Look who's talking!" Bill called, cackling.

Wirt stopped to process the scene. The lantern. Bill was supposed to have it but it's amber glow was nowhere to be seen.

"Bill. Where is my lantern?" He asked, he tried to speak monotone but fear leaked into his voice.

"Oh! That!"

Wirt made his way over to Bill. He had seemingly forgotten Finn was even there.

"Bill." Wirt said in a low tone.
"I was thinking maybe we could make a deal! I can give you the lantern and you could-"

"Or you could just give it to me now and we never associate again. I prefer the latter." Wirt interrupted. His signature hostile expression crept back into his face.

He was almost surprised to see Finn rooting through trash, next to his feet. If that were him he'd have run by now.
Not that it mattered, especially not now when Wirt had so many things on his mind besides this incompetent child

"I don't do favours for nothing, Beast. You should know that." Bill mentioned. He wasn't smiling for once, he looked bitter and serious. He wasn't anywhere near Wirt's height but he stood up straight and showed no fear under his burning gaze.

The Lantern Bearer gritted his teeth.
"It isn't a 'favour' you stole from me! I want it back!"

Bill opened his clenched fist and his hand was engulfed in hot blue flames, he rolled his eyes, and extended his hand
"Well, then we'd better make a deal. You're trying my patience, Beast."

Wirt growled as he weighed his options, what's the worst that could happen?

A cold wind blew by, accompanied by a drizzle of rain. What if it went out?
It would be Wirt's fault. Nobody else to blame, it was his choice to go to the graveyard, he was -indirectly- Greg's killer.
He couldn't face that kind of guilt, eating him up from the inside out, just imagining was a nightmare.

"Bill, Please!" Wirt cried, pulling on Bipper's jacket for emphasis.

"I don't know..." Bill teased, he smirked at Wirt's obvious anxiety over his younger brother.
Deep down The Lantern Bearer was weak.