Friendship Blossoms, Motive is Forgotten

Start from the beginning

Glancing at Saitama shaping the rice, she finished making the batter.

"All done! Ready to pa-Tamaki? You okay? Saitama asked, walking towards her.

"It's not right." Tatsumaki pouted. Saitama looked over the cake , not finding the issue with it. "It looks great, Tam. Nice job." Saitama said, patting her head. Tatsumaki glanced up at him ,continuing to pout. "No, it's not." she said, grabbing icing from behind her. "It needs icing." She handed a piping bag to him, smiling.

She set the cake down and walked over to Saitama's food to begin packing, Saitama wordlessly decorating the cake.

-------------------------

"Sorry I'm late, Sensei. The S-Class meeting went on longer than usual." Genos ran towards them. "Nah, it's fine. Besides , we just got here." Saitama was setting the picnic blanket down, smoothing the edges. "Hey Tam, come over!" Saitama waved. Genos glanced over at "Tamaki" who was resting under a tree. "Coming!" She was running towards the two, basket in hand. Plopping it down, she sat on the blanket as Genos did the same. "Alright, let's eat!" Saitama exclaimed, rubbing his palms together. He handed them plates and got right to eating.

Tatsumaki was eating onigiri and glanced over at Genos, who was surprisingly not quiet. "Sensei, I know you do not usually hear about the meetings, but it was very odd. Since Tatsumaki practically lives in the building, she almost always shows up. She was not present." He stated, taking a sip of lemonade. "Can't blame her, man. Most of those meetings go on for too long." Saitama stated neutrally. Tatsumaki kept staring at the two, waiting impatiently for Genos to finish talking about the meeting. She decided to focus instead on their thoughts, starting with Saitama's. I should've made more dumplings. When is Genos going to finish about the meeting..Wait, is he trying to impress Tamaki? He keeps looking at her for a reaction..Tatsumaki and Saitama locked eyes as soon as she heard that thought echo in her head. She grinned awkwardly, trying not to avert her eyes.

 Saitama looked back at Genos, who was continuing on about a different subject. She breathed a sigh of relief, and focused on Genos' thoughts. Sensei seems more focused on the topic of monster attacks.Still searching for a worthy opponent I suppose. Perhaps Tatsumaki could be a favorable opponent, but she would believe she was too above him. Tatsumaki, for Sensei's sake, be worthy enough. Tatsumaki ceased her telepathic connection. If he knows, is that why he hasn't ratted me out?

"Saitama Sensei, I have to leave now. I will see you at the apartment. Thank you for the meal." He dashed off. Tatsumaki handed the picnic basket to Saitama , and began folding the blanket. "Saitama.." "Hmm?" "Why do you start off with your strongest attack, even if it's a Tiger level?" Saitama stared at her, then smiled sheepishly. "That's actually one of my weaker attacks." "Oh ok- wait really?!" Tatsumaki rapidly stood up, soiling the now folded blanket. "Yeah, but as long as the threat is defeated, doesn't matter what the attack is." Saitama blankly stated, bending down to pick it up. She raised an eyebrow, but decided not to say anything. "Well, I'll be going as well. Good bye, Saitama." She slowly walked away.

"At least I got information on him, even if it might be a lie." She picked up her notepad and wrote it down. Her eyelids started feeling heavy, so she decided to text him tomorrow. "That cyborg might have more on him than I do."

Saitama rested on his futon, staring at the TV. "Hey Genos, you asleep yet?"

"No." Genos walked into the living room, wearing his pajamas. "Is there something you need to talk about?" He sat down across from Saitama. "Not really, it's just a question." Saitama looked him in the eye. "Do you have another meeting tomorrow?" Flabbergasted, Genos replied. "No..?" "Ok, night then." Saitama turned off the TV and flopped down on his futon, snoring. "Good night,Sensei." Genos turned off the light. I hope the message was clear, Tatsumaki.

Following the two week long period of peace, monster attacks began occurring every day as usual. Tatsumaki followed her usual routine for the first two days it began. The third day broke her routine. Usually Tatsumaki would be uninterrupted while on the hunt for monsters; if a coworker saw her, they stayed out of the way. She a demon level threat announcing itself as "The Dastardly Project" and drifted towards it. However she saw a small figure standing next to it, whom she immediately recognized. "Move out of the way, baldy! This is my monster!" "I'm about to punch this monster, heard there's one in the next city."

Tatsumaki growled. "Not if I beat it first!" She raised some of the rubble that the monster had caused, and shot it towards it when "SPLAT!" She looked at Saitama , who had his fist in the air, a disappointed look on his face. "Not even a second hit." He sighed. "Well, on to the next ci- Hold it." She floated down to eye level with him. "If you want a battle, stop using the strongest attack first." "But, this is one of my weaker ones." She scoffed. "You should've just let me handle it if you were going to complain." "..Why are you talking to me?"Her surrounding green aura intensified. "Excuse me?" Saitama looked at her quizzically. "You don't really associate with me." Without either noticing, they were walking towards the next city. "Because you defeated the monster that I was going to kill, egg head."

He sighed, slumping his shoulders. "I'm going to head over to the next monster. See you around, midget." Tatsumaki scowled. "Whatever ,beanstalk." Turning her back towards him, her scowl deepened. So he wasn't lying about the one hit thing, but I'm still not buying his "weaker attack". Sighing, she flew towards her home, her energy depleted from talking to Saitama.

As Saitama walked away from an uninteresting fight, he pulled out his phone.

"Text me when you have the time." The message said, his phone stating it was sent only a few minutes ago. "Hey T..." He started typing , then paused.

"Maybe not today." He turned off his phone and continued his walk home.

Tatsumaki was on her bed, writing down the information about Saitama, glancing down at her phone every so often. She sighed. "Guess he's not texting tonight."She turned off the light, slumping against the headrest. She folded her arms,scowling. "Whatever, his loss." She harrumphed, pondering . "I should hold the meetings for a while." She reached towards her phone, then drew back. Maybe I'll think it over in the morning. She turned off the light and tossed her phone into the nightstand.