We went back to his car around 11 and I found myself wishing the evening was still going to continue.

“Would you like to get a Sundae?” he asked, gesturing around him as we passed various ice cream parlors.

“That would be nice!” We pulled into one and it was complete 50’s style and a waitress walked over to us, rollerskates in hand. “Sorry guys, last orders were ten minutes ago. Oh! Archer Grey! What can I get for you guys?”

James ordered a peanut butter sundae and I ordered a hot fudge sundae. I laughed after she walked away. “Sometimes it does pay to be famous.”

He laughed weakly. She returned a few minutes later, handing us the bowls of ice cream. “These are on the house,” she said, smiling.

We ate our ice cream in silence, enjoying the cool evening air drifting through the car and soft rock music playing in the background. James started the car back up and we headed towards my house, pulling in front of it, 30 minutes later.

“I had a great time tonight,” I said.

“Me too, this was probably the best first date I’ve had in a while.” He scooted closer.

Fuck. First date. Damn it, he’s going to try to kiss me!

“I’m not sure I’m looking for something at this exact moment. But I really enjoy hanging out with you,” I said, hoping he would understand.

His face fell, but he recovered quickly, flashing me that gorgeous smile of his. “You’re right. I understand. It’s way too soon after everything. I’m sorry. I don’t want to push. Friends?”

“Friends.” I hugged him and kissed him on the cheek, thanking him again for the wonderful evening. I hurried inside and threw my stuff down, checking my phone. Sure enough, a plethora of missed calls from Harry along with text messages.

I tossed the phone aside. Granted, I know I had hung out with James only one time but he was different. He wasn’t caught up in all the bullshit of celebrity world and he was such a gentleman and so down to earth and sweet and funny and respectable. I could see something long term developing if I were to think of him seriously and in that way.

On the other hand, there was Harry who had just reappaeared in my life and dumped an exorbitant amount of shit in my lap and then fucked off on tour. He was wonderful, too. Sexy, charming, dangerous, sweet when he wanted to be, passionate, funny, and he wanted me. But he lied to get me and I still didn’t like that fact.

I FaceTimed Harry and he answered after a few rings.

“Hi, love,” he shouted into the phone. He was out, I could see a crowd of people around him and he took the phone with him as he stepped outside. “Sorry, it’s super loud in there.”

“Where are you?” I asked.

“We just got to North Carolina this afternoon, I’m experiencing some of that wonderful Southern hospitality,” he winked and took a sip of his drink.