chapter 22 - There's No Place Like Home

Start from the beginning

Past

Enchanted Forest

Night - Dark Palace - Dungeon

Guards pushed Ella and Killian roughly into cells, locking the doors behind them.

Clarissa spoke up to them from her own cell. "Are you all right?"

"Yeah, I think so," Ella answered. "Thanks. I'm... Leia. This is... Charles."

"I wish I could say it was nice to meet you," Clarissa told them.

Killian sighed. "Yeah, but under the circumstances, I get it. What's your name?"

"I dare not speak in here," Clarissa told them. "The Queen and Sorceress don't know who I am. My silence is the only thing keeping the people I love safe."

"They're pretty ruthless," Killian agreed.

Ella handed Clarissa a roll through the bars. "Are you hungry? I swiped it off a food tray on our way down."

Clarissa stood to take the roll, noticing Ella's surprised look. "What, what is it?"

"We saw you in the village, with the Queen and Sorceress," Ella answered. "I wanted to help, but--"

"It's all right," Clarissa told them. "If you had tried to free me, you'd just ended up here a day sooner."

"What did they put you in here for?" Killian asked.

"I knew where Snow White was hiding, but I refused to tell the Sorceress and Queen," Clarissa answered.

"You gave up your freedom to ensure Snow White's?" Killian asked.

Clarissa nodded. "Yeah. I believe her to be innocent."

"How long are you in for?" Killian asked.

"Same as you, just one more night," Clarissa answered.

"Really, one night?" Ella asked. "Why, are Regina and Alcina going soft?"

"No," Clarissa answered. "One night, because tomorrow, everyone in here is to be executed."

Ella and Killian looked at each other worriedly.

ღ Worlds Colliding (Once Upon a Time) ღ

Day Two

Morning - Woods

Snow was, gathering various things, putting them into a bag, putting a necklace with a bottle around her neck. She slung the bag over her shoulder, walking a short distance, before being caught in a net.

David walked out of hiding, laughing. "I told you I'd find you. No matter what you do, I will always find you."

"Is this the only way you can catch a woman?" Snow asked. "By entrapping her?"

"It's the only way to catch a thieving scum," David told her.

"Aren't you a real 'Prince Charming'?" Snow asked sarcastically.

"I have a name, you know," David told her.

"Don't care," Snow told him. "Charming suits you. Now cut me down, Charming."