I smiled at him. He really does care about me.

~~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~~

It was slightly later in the party and I had started to talk again but only to my family (the avengers). I sat with Peter and Stephen at the bar. We were the only ones who weren't drinking, apart from Vision who can't drink but he was with Wanda. We were basically the only ones who weren't drunk or hadn't gone home already. Nat is strong, she wasn't drunk, Thor and Loki are gods, they weren't drunk and Steve and Bucky are super-soldiers so they weren't drunk either.

I took a sip of my non-alcoholic cocktail and sighed. The smell of alcohol wafted through the air and I grimaced. I hated the smell of alcohol. Mostly because of my past but partially because it was disgusting.

I didn't why Dad thought it was a great idea to take me to a party where there would be drunk people and lots of alcohol. It really was a big risk for me. The whole place screamed 'potential trigger' but I stuck through it anyway.

That's why I decided to stick with Peter and Stephen. They were sober and didn't stink of alcohol which was really helpful. They could also calm me down if someone walked by us or ordered a drink, I tended to get a bit tense and on edge when that happened.

Just then a middle-aged man appeared, seemingly out of nowhere. His speech was slurred and he could barely walk straight. He pointed his long finger at me. 

"You...are a beautiful young lady." He purred. He tripped over his feet and wobbled slightly before regaining his balance.

I could feel my heart rate begin to quicken and my breaths become shallow and ragged. Sensing this, Korey stood up and put himself between me and the man. The man chuckled slightly. 

"What a pretty dog." He said, unintentionally dragging out the e due to his drunken state. He reached out to touch Korey and I tugged on his lead, pulling him away.

The man stood back up, pouting. I began to pet Korey to calm myself down. 

"Oh, so you can pet him?" He questioned. I simply pointed to the patches on his vest to show the man that he was a service dog only I was allowed to pet him because he was working. He just shook his head.

"You're not a veteran sweetie, you can't have PTSD." He cooed. At this point, I snapped. I couldn't shout st him so I began signing furiously. 

*How dare you, I'll have you know that I was abused for 5 years of my life by my own mother and I was kidnapped by Hydra for a year.* I wasn't speaking but you could tell that I was angry. The man simply shook his head again. I huffed. Why weren't Peter and Stephen helping me out here?

The man edged towards me becoming increasingly more hostile with each step. I was panicking and starting to hyperventilate. Then the man groaned, his knees gave in and he fell to the ground. A girl smiled at me. She had light mocha skin and beautiful deep brown eyes. Her wavy hair flowed past her shoulders.

She walked towards me, sitting down on the stool next to mine. 

"I'm so sorry you had to deal with him. He was being really crappy to you. I'm surprised no one stopped him earlier." She said to me. I smiled, nodding. 

*Yeah, I was hoping my brother or my Dad's boyfriend would help me out but apparently they're deep in conversation.* I signed. She looked over to Peter and Stephen. This told me she could understand ASL so I carried on signing.

*But thanks a lot. I was getting pretty scared.*

"You're welcome." She smiled, putting her hand on my shoulder. I tensed up at first but soon relaxed into her touch. 

"My name's Deya by the way." She told me.

*Violet.*

~~~~~

~~~~~
~~~~~

We got home and I sighed. Everyone who was drunk passed out as soon as they touched the couch. That left just me, Vision, Thor, Loki, Nat, Stephen and Peter. Steve and Bucky were slightly tipsy and had gone up to bed.

Deya and I had talked for basically the rest of the night before she had to leave. We exchanged numbers though. I learned that she was the same age as me, she played the guitar and she loved Sherlock. She pointed out that Stephen looked a lot like Benedict Cumberbatch and I couldn't stop laughing for about five minutes.

I thought about how Deya saved me and Peter and Stephen did nothing and grew slightly angry. 

"Thanks for that back at the party guys. I'm really happy you had my back." I said to them, breaking both the silence and my not speaking. They both just looked at me, confused. I groaned. "Typical." Stephen reached out to put his hand on my shoulder and I slapped it away.

"I was being hit on by a creepy drunk middle-aged man and you two did absolutely nothing," I told them, agitated. 

"FOR GOD'S SAKE I WOUKD HAVE BEEN MOLESTED IF DEYA HADN'T TURNED UP AND SAVED ME,"  I shouted standing up. Nat pushed me back down. 

"Stay calm Violet." She said. 

"No. I will not stay calm. Those two could hear him, they must have. They just sat there and did nothing." I sniffed.

"Violet," Stephen began, softly. I shook my head. 

"No, I don't want your apologies." I got up and walked to my room. I threw myself on my bed and cried.

~~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~~

There was a knock at the door and Loki walked in. "Go away," I mumbled into my pillow. I felt the bed sink as he sat down on it. I sighed, clambering to sit next to him. 

"Violet, I'm sure they didn't mean to hurt you." He assured me. I sniffed. I threw myself onto Loki, wrapping my arms around him. Loki hugged me back, stroking my hair. 

"Shh, it's okay." He cooed soothingly.

"I'm here with you. It's okay."

Wow, what a wholesome end we love.