One Little Parody

"Don't show him that!"

"Why not?"

"Cause it could taint him,"

"No, it won't,"

"Really?"

Incredulousness evident in his voice at that remark, making me roll my eyes.

"Okay, fine but what of it?"

"You want to taint the kid?"

"Oh, just shut up and go watch Taylor Swift!" I waved him off.

He huffed at that before making his way out of the room and back to the library, short tufts of blond hair catching the fluorescent lighting overhead as he did. Just because Dean was older didn't mean he knew more. He thought so but it wasn't true. Besides, I thought to myself as my fingers flitted across the keys, how much harm could one little parody video really do anyway?

It pains me - truly it does, hits me right in the feels - to admit that maybe, just this once, Dean was right. I realized it almost as soon as I hit the 'play' button. Right as the Ghostbusters them song began to play, Jack's baby blue eyes grew as round as saucers, glued to the screen. Clearly, the poor thing couldn't comprehend what he was seeing. Couldn't blame him though as a woman eerily dressed in plaid with short blonde hair showed up along with a similarly dressed brunette.

Jack squinted then as they began to dance, now dressed in ghost-busting costumes.

"Is...is that...Kevin? Prophet Kevin?" he asked, clearly baffled by the uncanny resemblance.

I knew Sam and Dean had shown him pictures - ones I'd seen myself - but truthfully, I never noticed it 'till the mentioned it just now. I peered closely at the screen, watching the Sam Double dance while simultaneously trying to brush the shaggy brown hair from his eyes.

I frowned finally, shaking my head, "Nah, personally I can't see it. I just see Sam."

We watched the rest of the video then until the screen went dark and I sat with Jack in stupefied silence.

"So..." he began suddenly, glancing over at me to catch my gaze, "People dress up as Sam and Dean for fun?"

I nodded simply in confirmation.

"But...why?"

I sighed, shaking my head as I closed out the video, "Honestly, I don't know, Jack. I just don't know,"

We sat there a moment longer in silence before finally, he broke it, smiling over at me with an innocent twinkle in his baby blues.

"So can I dress up as Dean, too?"

But before I could even respond to that, a booming reply came from down the hall, startling the both of us as we sat on my bed.

"NEVER IN YOUR LIFE!"