XIII. AS THE ICE MELTS

Mulai dari awal

Yoru's gaze traveled on the wooden floor.

"I can't. I don't know how."

It was that time Yoru learned something valuable other than being a sandbag. She learned how to take things to her portal. From the smallest of object to the largest of things until she finally got the capability of taking a person inside.

It took her sometime to analyze her capability. Until her thoughts brought her to a new conclusion. That person and things are not the only ones she can take in.

_____

You know what they say? The things in this world are temporary. Nothing can guarantee that everything will remain the same at the end of the day. Maybe now everything's fine. But tomorrow, who knows what might turn out?

Standing in front of me is someone I was all too familiar with yet in a blink, he changed to someone close to a stranger. Sometimes I contemplate if my actions up until now are the result of this situation. Maybe if I didn't get too full of myself by showing off my Quirk. Maybe if I didn't step in the fight at USJ. Maybe if I remained the same up until now. This won't happen.

But then again, nothing stays the same.

I didn't know to what extent did Todoroki meant by challenging me in a fight. I was ready to give up when he lunged his first attack.

Ice so sharp it almost cut in thin air shoot from his foot towards me in inhuman speed. I only had a scant amount of time to jumped avoiding what could've been a fatal damage.

When I thought I could finally catch my breath, Todoroki disappear from my line of vision.

Had I not felt his presence behind, I would've ended up with frostbite.

It was that time when I thought where I was standing. To all my luck, here I am, in the middle of the frozen pool. The fact that I have no knowledge in skating made me stood in the middle like a lost kitten trying to find her way out of a predator.

Todoroki, on the other hand, was as good at gliding on the frozen water as he is as good at running on flat surface.

Another sharp edged ice shoot out of his foot, and then two and then three and then more until there are mountains of ice surrounding me. All of which I managed to dodge at the last second.

He was panting hard, that I am sure of. And his right hand and cheek begin to freeze. If this continued any longer, he would pass in exhaustion.

"Hoshiko, why are you dodging?" He asked, his breath formed in fog.

"If I don't, then I could get hurt," the simplest explanation in the book. Wasn't it obvious?

"It's not that!" I was mildly shock when he raised his voice.

"Why are you stuck in the defense and not even once did you take the offense?"

I tried to walk, but I felt the slippery surface so I decided to stay put.

My next choice of words may not be the smartest. Or maybe enough to trigger an angry person. But I've never seen Todoroki lost his cool, so I thought it was fine if I were to blurt out such thing.

Nonetheless, I will say it anyways.

"Because your moves aren't worth taking into offense."

I stretched my hand, ready to open a portal.

"You're like a child throwing a tantrum."

Small swirl started to appear in thin air.

"If you want to challenge someone to prove how strong you are, then challenge Bakugou or Midoriya. But certainly not me. Because..."