Auditioning

[Silver's POV]

I walked into the studio, unsure if this was where I was supposed to go.

"Is this Studio A? Where the A-Troupe Auditions are?" I asked, my voice a raspy sound. I saw 4 boys turn to look at me and I covered the burned side of my face with my long brown hair.

"Yes it is. It's not the hospital so you can go now."

And I saw that 6 girls surrounded me. I saw a slightly taller one with blonde, almost white hair, standing in the middle facing me.

"I'm here to audition." I said, my voice as loud as I could make it. "You can't stop her from auditioning Emily."

And I saw a couple of the boys walking over. Judging by my keen senses, the one with brown hair and white shirt had spoken.

"10 bucks she doesn't make it in." Emily said and I flinched, my one remaining eye burning with an unearthly, unhuman fire.

"I'll take it with 45 bucks that she does." And I looked in the doorway and saw Leo and Darren.

Leo was signing it and I smiled as Darren held the bills out.

"You're Darren Starling!" The guy who had stood up to Emily said.

I smiled and lowered my head.

"Dude! This is the Darren Starling. Youngest Male Contemporary, Breakdancer, and Hip Hop legend to get through all barriers in his path in less then 3 years." The guy said.

"Yes it is. I invited him. He's gonna show you how a professional dances, and his little sister Silver is going to audition for A - Troupe."

And Leo signed something and I put my bag to the side and began to sign, my hands flying through the air fluently.

"I'm just telling him what Miss Kate said." I said to James, the guy who had freaked out over Darren.

Darren winked at me and I rolled my eyes as he started the music.

He started in a crouch, his eyes shut. He flipped up and landed on his hands and walked backwards, upside down and he flipped onto his knees and began to spin.

He got a lot of cheering from James and the other boys, who James introduced as West a hip hop dancer, Eldon a contemporary, and Daniel a ballet / contemporary dancer.

I smiled and nodded to them.

"Who are the girls with Emily?"

I asked James, looking at them.

"Riley her sister, Tiffany, Stephanie, Giselle, Chloe, and of course Emily."

He said and I smiled and Leo walked over. He signed "Hello."

And I translated. James copied the gesture back at him after I told him what it meant. Darren finished his performance and I whistled, my cheering easily singled out.

Darren picked up his hat from the floor and put it back on his head.

"Any Hip hop or Breakdancers want to learn a few tricks, the cards will be in Silver's hands. Now I've got a gig to get to."

And Darren walked out with Leo. I was swarmed for the cards except for one girl who seemed to be new as well. I made my way over and I shook hands with her. "I'm Silver."

I said, my voice a rasp.

"I'm Michelle. What happened to you if you don't mind me asking?"

And I moved my hair away from my face which was as ugly as it was before.

"A fire started when I was asleep. I woke up coughing and wheezing. I was on the top floor and I heard crashing. I ran downstairs and found Darren pulling on a beam that held our mom under it."

"She told him to get Leo, and to get us all out. I heard something falling but I didn't hear it until it was too late and it had pinned me down, my legs were free but everything above that was covered and on fire. My throat was the worst."

"It took 12 surgeries for me to be able to sound like this. I had 4th degree burns everywhere on my upper body. I wasn't a person, I wasn't human, I saw a monster whenever I looked in the mirror."

"I must've passed out at some point and I woke up in the hospital." I said and looked at my forearms.

"I'm so sorry." Michelle said and I shook my head. "It's okay. But are you new as well? No one here seems to know you either." I said and she nodded. "Yeah, I needed a move and a new place to dance."

She said and I nodded and looked at her more closely. "You were Miss National Soloist last year weren't you?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yeah. I was. I was also Dance Captain of my last studio." She said and I smiled. "So was I." I said and Miss Kate called us to attention.

"So now we'll begin auditions. Group 1 will be as follows. James, Silver, Michelle, Daniel, Emily, and Giselle. You will be solo dancing in that order. Group 2 will be as followed. Riley, Tiffany, Michelle, Stephanie, Eldon, and West."

Chris said.

"James you're up first."

Kate said and I watched James carefully, studying how he could make his movements better and what was flawless and didn't need any improvement. Before I knew it, his turn was over and I walked into the center. "You should just go home!"

Emily yelled and I flinched and felt tears pricking at my eye. "Emily!" Kate said shocked. I wiped my eye furiously and exhaled heavily, controlling my emotions.

I played my music and all the kids recongnized it. It was 'Whatever It Takes' from Imagine Dragons. It was my motto. I began to dance, letting my emotions flood out of me, reniforcing my movements.

"Woah!" All the boys said as I kicked off the wall four times and flipped twice in the air and landed on my feet and immediately went into a headslide. I flipped onto my feet again, and did some of West's hand movements, my moves on point.

The whole studio except for Emily and Stephanie with Tiffany was cheering as I jogged back to my spot in line. "Woah."