Chapter 1

WELL, HELLO AND WELCOME TO ANOTHER FANFIC (OH GOD). THIS IS A HAIKYUU! FANFICTION BASING OFF THE PAIRING OF KAGEYAMA X HINATA OR KAGEHINA, THEY DESERVE MORE LOVE SO SHUT UP.

SINCE I AM PICKING THIS BACK UP, EDITING IS UNDERWAY BUT ONLY BY ME SO MISTAKES WILL APPEAR. OH WELL.

HAVE FUN :)

-

Prologue

It was a quiet summer evening for July with a seemingly warm breeze pushing itself slowly through the open fly-screen, the time felt right. A deep and slow breath settled his nerves yet he couldn't stop the knocking his chest made. Shifting the mug between the pads of his fingers he put it down softly and took another hitched breath, if he was going to ask, it had to be now.

"Grandmother..." it took another shallow breath to carry on "Do you know of the 'Red String of Fate'?"

The tension in the room grew heavier, lugging at his shoulders and snapping painfully at his heart. His eyes refocused, his thighs and the tables edge the only things visible.

Lifting his gaze up his eyes met the older women's, her expression told little, only small signs of shock and deep thought flowed through his mind. Suddenly she nodded slightly, the motion taking Kageyama by shock.

"It has been many years, has it not? The Kageyama name still lives for seven more generations" she thought aloud, although intended for him to hear "I wondered which of you would be given the curse"

The word curse sprouted like venom on her tongue, it has been taught that it had always caused grief for those around the cursed one. Many dying over greed and jealousy, over love and hate. Lives had been ruined over the sight and lives had been started over the sight. A beautiful yet dangerous gift, it was to be treated cautiously or killed out of the family immediately.

"I do not wish to die Grandmother." He managed.

She turned her head, interested and gave a half smile, "This is modern times. Killing is not excepted easily." The weight on Kageyama's heart lifted and he gave his grandmother a slight smile.

Often his Grandmother was a strict follower of the family rules, she told stories of the many lives ruined by the curse to the grand children. All had fond memories like this, of when she had taken the children away and told them horror stories before getting caught a few minutes later.

"Tell me why you do not want to die" Grandmother asked, followed by a sip of the cup she grasp tightly.

Why do you not want to die? Why?

"I found my soulmate"

-

Chapter 1: Why?

"I'm not sure why I didn't notice at first. I had never really paid attention to the strings at all, perhaps I had followed mine around as a child but now that my so called 'soul mate' was no where to be found, my life became better. I discovered volleyball and my potential in setting, but like a drug it ruled my day to day.

Forget soulmates when each day I practiced incredibly hard, developing my skill each day and yet my team could not hit my toss. I tried harder and even resorted to telling them how to spike when I was not expert but I knew how to hit my own toss. Childishly I often told them I wished I could play all six poistions, that that was our only chance of winning. But that only made more tension between us, I was labelled "The King of the Court".

Middle school competitions. Easy.

We would win easily our first two or so match and then our real competition would arrive. Our first competitors were a shock. A team of only six, with possibly some of the shortest players ever. Their captain, one with incredible jumping and spiking power and the intense desire to win was not what shocked me.