Training

I had just turned fourteen and I stood beside Eren with a frown on my face as I watched the Instructor pass us. He stopped to yell at a girl and Eren and the others looked at her shocked. I let it a sigh as he yelled at her and then told us to start training. After a couple of days we started to work on our strength. After we passed we made it to the gear and I watched as Eren struggled the most.

"Maybe you aren't cut out for it." Jean said with a laugh.

"Maybe you should stop being so annoying." I said as I sent him a glare.

I passed by him and made it to my gear and did it on the first try. I closed my legs and saw Jean look at me shocked. I united myself and walked away calmly. After awhile it was time to eat and I ate a few bites of my food as I listened to Mikasa try to talk Eren out of fighting.

"Good luck Mikasa." I said as I watched her from the corner of my eye.

I finished my food and stood up to go and rest for the next day. As the days past Eren got better and soon we where the last of the group to make it to the final training.

I passed by Eren and cut down a titan cutout before speeding away.

"Save some for us Eva!" Connie yelled.

"Be quicker." I said as I sent him a glare.

After cutting into ten more cutouts I stoped to give everyone else a chance. I saw the instructor watch me as I cleaned my blade before going at it again. After we stopped we did laps with our bags. I saw Armin struggling and sent Reiner a look to help me. Soon Armin took his stuff back and sped up. After we made it back to camp I set at my table alone with a piece of bread and a bowl of soup.

"Hey good looking." Reiner said with a smirk.

"Go away before I stab you." I said as I stirred my soup.

"Oh come on E. Give a guy a chance." He said with a smile.

"One my name isn't E, it's Eva. Two I don't like you. Three leave me alone before I stab you in the privates." I said sternly.

He stood up and walked back over to his friends and I looked back down at my bowl in silence.

I couldn't help but to think about how use to I wished a guy would acknowledge me, but now I wanted them as far away from me as possible. After the fall of Wall Maria I became emotionless. The only time I had something close to a smile was when I was training and then it was more like a smirk than I actual smile.

"Eva can you talk to Eren?" Mikasa asked as she set beside me.

"About what?" I asked softly.

"This dream of becoming a Scout..... it's going to get him killed." She said softly.

"I've tried, but he is stubborn and doesn't give a damn. I gave up on him leaving his dream a long time ago." I said calmly.

"What about you.... did you give up on your dream?" She asked softly.

"What dream?"

"Becoming the wife of a soldier."

"A kid's dream, nothing more." I said as I stood up and walked out of the building.

I made it to my quarters and let out a sigh as I climbed to the top bunk and closed my eyes.

Before the fall of Wall Maria I wanted nothing more than to marry a soldier. I didn't know why, but the idea excited me. Made me want to know how it felt like, and now.... I'm becoming a soldier.

"Hey Eva! I heard Reiner tried to flirt with you again." Annie said with a smirk.

"Yea and I threaten to stab him in the privates. Did you hear about that?" I asked with a smirk.

I heard her laugh and I rolled over on my side and closed my eyes so I could fall asleep.

"Night E!" Sasha exclaimed.

"It's Eva." I said annoyed.

I heard some of them laugh and rolled my eyes as I finally fell asleep. After training for three years we graduated and I made rank second below Mikasa. I was seventeen and we were told we had a day off. I stayed near Mikasa and Eren as we watched the Scouts leave. I saw Eren smiling as he watched them and I saw Mikasa lookin at him sternly.

"Hey Hey! lookie here!" A voice yelled.

I turned to see Hannes and watched Eren look at him shocked.

"Heard you graduated." He said with a laugh.

I listened to him talk and I looked away when he mentioned our mother.

"We all think about her." Eren said calmly.

"Good to see you Eva." Hannes said smiling at me.

"Mr Hannes." I said nodding my head.

His smile disappeared and I looked behind him to see a group of kids on a roof.

"I'll be back." I said as I passed by him.

I climbed onto the roof and saw that one of the kids was holding another one up.

"Let me help." I said as I reached to grab her.

I saw her hand slip and grabbed her quickly. I heard a voice yell and I tried to pull both kids up but realized they were moving to much. I groaned as I pulled them closed and slipped falling off the roof with them in my hands. I cradled the kids to my chest as I landed on the ground with them in my arms. I put them down gently and the girl looked at me with tear filled eyes.

"Thank you!" A woman exclaimed as she rushed to check on the kids.

I saw all eyes on us and I put my hands in my pocket and backed up.

"Thank you ma'am." The little boy whispered.

"Why were you on the roof?" I asked calmly.

"We wanted to see the Survey Corps." He whispered.

"Next time ask someone to put you on their shoulders. Better yet see that man. His name is Hannes he will let you on his shoulder to see." I said pointing to Hannes.

They nodded their heads and I walked towards Eren and them.

"What are you all looking at?" I asked annoyed.

Everyone turned to look at the Survey Corps again and I frowned as I made it back over to Eren and the others. I saw Hannes look at me with a small smile as Eren smiled at me.

"Whip the smile off your face. I just didn't want to see those two idiots kill themselves.... means we have a mess to clean up." I said as I walked away.