chapter 5 - Good Form

Start from the beginning

Ella was going through things.

Killian approached. "Need a hand, love?"

"Is that a joke?" Ella asked.

Killian walked over to help. "Hmm, no, being quite serious."

They saw tally marks on the walls.

"Wow," Freya told them.

"What is it?" Emma asked.

"We found where Neal, Tori, Saphira and Mathias marked their days trapped on this island," Freya answered.

The three Matthews looked at the wall.

"What's wrong?" Snow asked.

"Look here," Saphira told them, pointing at the wall. "That's when we stopped counting."

"When you got off the island?" Snow asked.

"No," Tori answered. "We were here longer."

"Then why would you..." David trailed off.

"Because we lost hope," Tori answered.

"I did that each time I was sent to a new foster home," Lisa admitted. "I counted days until counting seemed pointless."

"And you think the same thing's happening to Henry, Rose and Grace?" Alcina asked.

Lisa nodded. "Pan said that it would."

Alcina looked at all of them. "Hey. We're gonna rescue them."

Tori sighed. "Yeah. We know that. You know that. But Henry, Rose and Grace don't know that."

"Pan wants them to lose faith," Alcina told them.

"So what, you want to send them a message?" Regina asked. "Because I haven't seen a Neverland post office."

"What are you suggesting?" Emma asked.

"We take a page from Pan," Freya answered. "We start being clever. We need to send a simple sign. A sign that we're coming."

Regina sighed. "Yeah. With lost boys running around? Trying to kill us all?"

"Yeah," Snow answered. "Maybe it's time we use that to our advantage."

"How?" Regina asked.

"Follow us," Saphira told them. "We can show you."

They started to walk out together.

Killian stepped in front of Ella. "Ella, I..."

"What?" Ella asked. "We're wasting time."

"I just want you to know I do know what it feels like to lose hope," Killian told her.

Ella sighed. "I know what this is. This, you trying to bond with me. So save your breath. At least until I get my kids and their cousin back."

Killian nodded. Ella walked out. Killian turned to follow.

Emma was waiting. "Let me give you a bit of advice, Hook. Stay away from my sister. She's been hurt one time too many. And you're a pirate. So pretty sure you would hurt her more."

Flashback

Enchanted Forest

Day - Sea

Killian and his brother Liam were on board of a ship, ready to set sail.

"Apologizes, leftenant," a sailor told him.