Wedding Preparations

Kriss holds onto my arm as I walk her down to the meeting room. We're finishing up our wedding plans.
"Only two more weeks and we'll be married," Kriss reminds me.
"Only two weeks? It's that close already?" I realize.
"It is. I'm so excited. I've always dreamed of getting married."
"I have too." Just not with you.
"I can't wait for you to see my dress. You'll love it."
"I bet."
We go into the meeting room.
Angela, the wedding planner, stands up and curtsies.
We all get seated.
"You're wedding is so close," Angela says with a smile. "How are you two feeling?"
"So excited," Kriss answers for us both.
I just nod along.
"That's wonderful. Now to start off I wanted to talk about the seating arrangements. Do you have any ideas on where you want people?"
Kriss looks at me.
"Well I want our families in the front. Hers will be on the left and mine on the right when you're walking in. Behind them we can have the council members and then just whoever," I decide.
"Wonderful. How about dinner seating?"
"Anything's fine."
We go on talking about all of the little details for over an hour. Kriss answers most of it, not even asking my opinion on things like music and food. Not that I care. I just want the day over with.
"One last thing," Angela finally states. "You'll both have to go through a mandatory medical check."
"We do?" Kriss asks, sounding surprised.
"Yes. The doctor can do it tomorrow. He'll have to check and do tests for certain things."
"Wonderful. Thank you for your help. We couldn't have done it without you," Kriss appreciates.
"It's my pleasure."
She curtsies and we leave.
"That was fun," Kriss says.
"I guess," I shrug.
"I'm really excited to see how the cake looks. And to eat it."
"I like cake."
"Hmm. Yeah.....I was thinking."
"What about?"
"Maybe we should invite the girls from the selection."
I stop and look at her.
She's looking at me.
"Seriously?" I ask.
"Seriously."
"Why?"
"Why not?"
"Don't you think it'll be a bit awkward? And that some of them are probably mad?"
"It would be rude to not invite them. Plus, a lot of them are my friends. And yours. I don't see anything wrong with it."
"If that's what you want, I'm fine with it."
"Really?"
"Yeah. As long as you don't leave any of them out."
She smiles. "Yay! I'll have Angela send them invitations!"
She rushes off in the direction we came from.
I sigh and shake my head before making my way back to our room.