chapter one

"kristen, kristen, kristen dear wake up! we are going to be late!" I heard voices yelling ny name from downstairs as i struggles to get up from bed.

I opened the door. It was my mother, or should i say momager! Yes my own mother was my manager. As wonderful as that sounds, let me tell you...It's not! She's a 5'9 tall  mexican american woman, with blue eyes and brown hair and if i do say so myself, she can be a bit intamidating. Don't get me wrong, i love my mother but when she's yelling for me to get ready at 4 in the morning, she becomes my worst enemy.

It wasn't that long when i realized i have been staring at my window next to my bed laying down on my stomach  instead of getting dressed. If you're wondering what the heck am i doing up at 4am, well then sorry. Let me introduce myself real quick, my name's Kristen and i am a 17 year old "super" model. i guess im not so super since i can't manage to get out of bed without whining.

Storming into my room "Kristen Maribel Guardia, why aren't you ready yet, better yet why aren't up! get up! the plane departures in exactly 2hours and its a 40min drive to the base, c'mon now get up!" my mom yelled. Stupid photo shoots, always have to be so far away and so darn early in the morning. Lucky us though. My mother's stepdad owns a couple of jets, and helicopters.  So for every job and every place i travel too there's always a private plane availabe. The pilots are always availabe as well, how lucky right?

"Kristy what is this doing in your trash can?" my mom pointed at an empty bag of hot cheetohs in the trash can. "I..I.. I don't know?" i answered her nervously. Being a model means being fit and being fit involves not only working out but eating healthy. So i had snuck in some junk food that i bought last night at the liquor store. "Kristen Maribel-" just as she was gonna lecture me about how much fat the cheetohs contained my father walked in. Yes i had a father. And no, unlike my mother he was always on my side.

"Chontel, leave her alone. A couple of chips, and a soda here and then aren't going to get our little princess fat any day now. it's gonna take a whole lot to get to her to loose that 'goddess' figure she has according to TMZ and PEOPLE magazine" my father said. My mother just narrowed her eyes and replied "Juventino, you need to stop babying her. No wonder she always gets away with things! I'm just looking after her since she won't do it herself!" My dads eyes immediately closed and he shook his head. "Chonty our daughter needs to have a little fun, its always work with you. At least let her eat some of the food she wants!" he smirked while taking a few steps closer to her.

Knowing both my parents i knew this was the part where my dad always persuaded my mom to "take it easy". My moms eyes sparkled with joy as my dads hands intertwined with hers locking his fingers he gently gave my mom a kiss on the lips. "Ayyy Chontel, sometimes...i forget you're my wife and i pretend like it's the first time i ever layed eyes on you. Makes me want to re-live that moment when we went on our first date and you became my girlfiend" my dads words always seemed to affect my mom. She weakend on the knees and pretended to faint. But if you ask me they are soo dramatic! No Really!! They do this all the time! I guess its better than them arguing right? But i enjoy their little love scenes sometimes, it gives me hope that one day I'll find a love like theirs.

As i begin to day dream my mom suddenly gasps and she takes a look at her watch "Kristen pero que esperas? go get dressed and meet me downstairs in 20 mins we've gotta take flight now!" i quickly snapped out of it and ran to my bathroom. Slamming the door behind me i noticed my dads face looking a little pale. What was that all about? I quickly  brushed it off and began putting on my black skinny jeans and white tank top, knowing Morgan(the photographer at Molly's Lingerie Company) would have outfits, or better yet under garments for me to change into. This was just a quick outfit to get going. C'mon it's not like i'd be going into public wearing only my bra and underwear.

I walked into my room to find my dad staring at me with a shocked look. i sat next to him for a few seconds. Then i decided to break the silence "Pa' are you okay?" he shook his head and started shuffling his fingers. i could tell he was nervous to tell me until.."My little princesa is gonna model lingerie?" and then i froze. "da..dad i..i..i thought you knew?" his eyes met mine and i can see concern in his "Mari i knew you modeled but i never expected it to be lingerie?" Of course my dad being worried he would call me by my middle name. I dropped my head on his shoulders and hugged him. "Ay pa, im sorry you didn't know but thats what Victoria's Secret is about" i chuckled softly trying to lighten the mood. "Pero thats not the only thing papi, i model everything! even sports wear!" he smiled. "Good. i don't want a bunch of boys out there attacking you for autographs because it's already enough for them drooling or mast-" i quickly cut him off "dad OH MY GOSH! i get it. Gross!!" I shook my head and gave him a kiss on his forehead "Don't worry dad, I have Jose and Taylor always looking after me, and whatever my guy fans do is up to them!" I almost gagged at the thought of guys touching themselves with MY photographs in lingerie. Oh! Jose and Taylor are my dads bodyguards, but when i began modeling he passed them on to me as a gift on my 16th birthday. So no matter where i go they were always there.