It crawls.

For the past few weeks my son has been screaming and crying uncontrollably throughout the night, I assume it's just bad dreams but the way he shakes and cries seems like whatever is bothering him is far more horrifying than a simple bad dream. Hallucinations maybe? 

I tucked him into bed and kissed his forehead, before I left his bedroom he says to me in a innocent and timid voice;

" Daddy..."

" Yes son? What's the matter?"

" Please don't leave me, I'm scared."

At this very moment I could see the fear on his face, he had the urge to cry as I saw a single tear stroll down his delicate, rosey cheek. I walked over to him and sat beside him on his bed. I wiped his eyes with my sleeve and whispered;

" I won't."

" Promise?"

" Promise."

He fell asleep quite quickly which was a stroke of relief for me as I grew tired. I kissed his forehead and walked over to his door. Just as I was about to leave I heard a sudden creak come from behind me. I turned around and examined the room. Nothing. I examined again just to double check, I saw that the wardrobe had opened slightly. I grew cautious and walked over slowly to the wardrobe. Reaching out slowly to open the wardrobe I heard a shuffle come from behind me. Turning around swiftly, it was simply just my son turning on his side. What's making me so jumpy? I better start checking up on him more.

A couple of hours later, I was still listening for more sounds coming from upstairs. Silence was everywhere throughout the house. I haven't checked up on him yet but it seems that he was sleeping peacefully. I made my way upstairs to my bedroom when a glimpse of my son's bedroom door caught my eye, I'm still not sure if I should check up on him or not. I slipped into bed and got myself comfortable. I stared up at the ceiling as thoughts of my son came flooding into my head.

I was about to fall asleep but the petrified screams of my son came echoing through the house. I sat up and ran out my room and barged through his bedroom. I saw my son sat upright, his face pale and tears streaming from his eyes. He was still screaming, it pierced my ears. Running over to him, I wrapped my arms around him and cradled him for a bit, hushing his cries and comforting him with hugs.

" Shhhh shhh it's alright son, there's nothing there."

" But Daddy... it came for me... daddy...."

" What did? Daddy's listening."

He  sniffled and hugged me tightly, he put up his arm and pointed towards the wardrobe, which was wide open and pitch black.

" Her."

I quivered, someone or something came out of there. I held him close and continued to stare into the wardrobe.

" W-who's she? Please son you have to tell me."

" When you leave me alone, she crawls on all fours out of the wardrobe."

I gasped as I looked around the room, I picked him up and ran out of the room. I put him down and saw him looking back into the room, he froze. I looked behind me to see a grotesque creature crawl from under his bed on all fours. It had long and inhuman arms which acted like spiders legs. It had long hair hair which covered her face. It looked up. I saw it had no eyes but had a gaping mouth which stretched up to its ears, it had a long row of needle like teeth. It let out a blood curdling shriek and darted towards me like an animal.

I closed the door and blocked it with my own body, using all my strengh to keep this door closed. It threw itself towards the door and let out shrieks each time. I started to panic as I felt its force getting stronger. I looked down onto my son who was crying and shaking.

" Listen to me, listen to daddy. You need to go hide. Go! Now!"

He ran off to my room and closed the door. I prayed for myself and my son to be safe, to sacrifice mysef to this thing wouldn't do much, but thoughts came flowing through my head as to what to do in this situtation. I stood there for a couple of minutes more as I realised that the force of the creature's lunges had become weaker. Was it becoming tired? Soon after it stopped. Silence had filled the house again. I stood there for a while, looking down onto the floor with sweat running down my face. 

I opened the door slowly to see the room completely empty, I thought it was safe but I knew that thing was still lurking somewhere. As I was about to leave the room I looked up to see that thing on the ceiling, looking down onto me. I froze. It stared down onto me for a while, it then crawled towards my room at almost lightening speed.

" No! Get away from there!"

I looked around to see one of my sons toys laying next to me, I picked it up and threw it at this thing. It let out a shriek and fell from the ceiling to land on all fours. It crawled towards me and shrieked as it lunged towards me. It got me on the ground and hissed at me, its front arms pinning me down. I heard a door open, I looked to see my son standing behind the door, staring at me.

" Run! Son you need to run!"

He froze, still staring at me.

" What are you doing? Go now!"

" She said if I let you go, she would leave me alone."

I was speechless, my own son sacrificing me. His own Father.

" S-son...."

After hearing his words I felt a pair of needle like teeth pierce deep into my neck, the last thing I see is my son standing there. He whispered;

" I'm sorry, Daddy."