Forever

Head canon: L isn't good at expressing  emotion, but he becomes amazing at it whenever you need support.

You felt so awful right now. It was time you chose weather you'd go home or stay in Japan. The case was over, but you couldn't find it in your heart to leave L.

You just couldn't.

It was the last couple of days in taskforce for everyone but you were still indecisive.

Would L even let you stay with him?

You couldn't think straight, even if it meant not seeing your family for possibly years, you just couldn't leave L.

But what if he doesn't want you around.

"(Y/n)?"

You snapped out of your daze by the sound of his voice.

"Hm?"

"You've been staring at that keyboard for an hour now"

"I have?"

"Yeah, you have. You seem off..." he said.

You didn't know how to respond.

But your body did, you felt that felling you get in your cheeks and eyes when you're about to cry. You tried to hold it back... but you just couldn't.

"(Y/n)?"

And then the tears fell. You just began to cry out if nowhere.

"(Y/n)? What's wrong?" He asked.

"I-I don't want to leave..." you said, your voice breaking.

"You don't want to leave?"

"I-I don't want to go home... I mean, I want to see my parents and tell them I'm ok, but... b-but... I don't want to leave..." you sobbed.

"I'm not sure I understand..."

"Damnit L! You're so smart why can't you take a hint! I don't want to leave because I don't want to leave YOU!"

He didn't know how to respond, he just stared at you as he took your words in.

"(Y/n)..."

You couldn't find words, just sobbed some more. L sighed and pushed his office chair over to you, bringing you into his arms. It was unlike L, but you didn't fight it.

"I don't get it... why don't you want to leave me?" He said.

"Y-you- I mean... it's just... over this case I've grown so used to you, I've grown attached to you and you just sit there looking so lonely and sad and it makes me sad... I just want to make you smile L. You're such an amazing person, you're... you're so precious, so cute, so smart, so kind, so brave. You're everything I want to be and seeing you look so lonely, and seeing the taskforce not trust you and belittle you makes me so sad... I care for you L. I just want to make you happy"

He didn't know how to respond to any of that.

"I just want to solve cases with you and sit in the couch and cuddle... and play video games and go to cafes and buy cake..."

L sighed again, gently rubbing your back.

"(Y/n)... I don't deserve any of this-"

"YES YOU DO!"

"But why? Why would you want to focus your time on me?" He asked.

You pulled back from the hug and stared into his eyes, tears falling down your cheeks.

"BECAUSE I LOVE YOU L!"

His usual emotionless expressions changed to a mix of shock and happiness.

"Y-you... love me?"

"Damnit L I love you so much! I don't even care if you don't love me back, as long as we can be friends. I care about you so much, I just want to protect you. I don't want to leave you..." you sobbed.

It was silent for a moment.

"(Y/n)..."

You wiped your eyes in an attempt to stop the tears to see him clearly.

"I love you too"

You felt your heart explode into a million pieces, you just smiled a stupid smile and pulled him into a hug.

"I don't want you to leave either (y/n)... so I'll tell you what we're going to do"

He put his hands on your shoulders and made you face him.

"You're coming with me on my next case, but I'm taking you to see your parents first" he said.

"Y-you'd do that?"

"I'd do anything for you"

"THANK YOU!"

A few weeks later.

"What if they don't like me?" L said.

"Nonsense, they'll love you, I've talked about you to them over the phone a million times now"

"As L?"

"As Ryuzaki don't worry"

You walked up the driveway and knocked on the door, hand in hand with L. You hadn't told your parents you were coming, you decided to surprise them.

You heard a dog bark down the hall and someone yell to answer the door.

The door opened and there stood your mother.

"OH MY GOD (Y/N)!" She said, pulling you into a hug.

"Hi mum" you laughed.

"GUYS (Y/N)S HOME!"

The dog was the first to reach you, jumping up for attention.

"Hello! I missed you too!" You said, petting the dogs head.

Next to rush to the door was your dad.

"WHY DID'NT YOU TELL ME!" He said, hugging you.

"It was a surprise!"

Finally, your brother.

"YOU LITTLE SHIT I THOUGHT YOU DIED!" He yelled.

"Oops?"

"Who's your boyfriend?" He asked.

You pushed L in front of you.

"Say hi" you said.

"Hi..." L awkwardly repeated.

"Oh he's such a sweetheart" your mum cooed.

"This is Ryuzaki, the one I always talked about" you said.

"Oh so you finally got ahold of his heart?" (B/n) said.

"Maybe"

Your mother beckoned for you all to come in and you stood in the lounge room.

"So, Ryuzaki, did she guilt trip you into this?" (B/n) joked.

"No, she didn't bug me the whole case so I knew she was the one" L laughed.

"So I want all the gossip, is it true you guys were working with L?" Your mum said.

You and L gave each other a look and just stared laughing.

"What?"

"Funny that" you said.

It was silent for a minute, then it finally clicked.

"No fucking way"

"(Y/n) you're not saying-"

"Surprise!" You said.

"I'm L" L added.

Que your family losing it.

"I told you they'd like you"

Part 2?