Chapter 2: Reckless

The man in green pinned you to the wall roughly by his scarred calloused hands. Zoro leaned in close, his hot breath ran down your neck sending chills on a rampage down your spine. And he asked in a deep voice, "had enough yet?"

"Quit playing games," you giggled, lightly kissing your man on the lips. "Clearly I still have a long way to go if I want to be a swordsman like you or father."

"You didn't stand a chance against me," Zoro chuckled, stepping back from you letting you go free from his previous hold and sheath his swords back on his hip.

"Keep in mind Shanks only taught me in the art of one-sword-style," you retaliate with a hand on your hip.

"He can only teach in one-sword-style," Zoro snickered, bending down onto one knee, and picked up your old sword. "No wonder why you lost... This sword is crap!" Zoro looked over the work blade, dull, and scratched up to oblivion. It was an old sword for sure, it can't be sharpened, or at least it shouldn't. The blade is too thin now.

"Hey!" You snapped. "The sword was a gift! I'm not trashing it."

"Just because I said it's crap, doesn't mean it is crap."

"Zoro... You make no sense," at this point you were full on glaring at him. He couldn't really care less though, he spent two years with your father and a bratty floating teenager. Not only that but it took him almost an entire year to persuade you into dating him, and you were a true piece of work even before then.

"Well whatever," Zoro finally comments on your previous insult. "You can have this sword," Zoro untied one sword from his hip. It had a red sheath, and a worn purple handle. "Since you're one of my swords, I technically only need two real swords. And there's no way in hell I'm giving up the other two."

You blinked, Zoro's actually giving me one of his prized swords? After that brief thought, you took his sword into hand. Immediately there was this off and sickening sensation coming off the weapon. "Why, what's so important about your other two swords?" You fought the feeling and pulled the sword from it's velvet sheath.

"The white sword was from a friend a of mine... Who's now dead no thanks to me," your eyes went large. "The other sword is black steel just like you, I nearly died fighting the original owner for it. Who's dead too because of me now that I think about it."

"What the hell!" You stomped. "Did you kill the previous owners of each of your swords!?"

"Yes, if you want to get technical," Zoro shrugged. "One was an accident. The second swordsman had to die, he was a zombie to begin with and he had to die again if we wanted to save Brook so," you were amazed to say the least to the origins of his mighty collection of swords.

"So what about this one?" Your eyes glittered with curiosity holding up his remaining sword. "How'd you get this one?"

"Oh," Zoro scratched his head. "I almost cut my arm off with it, then the store clerk gave it to me because of it," all of your giddiness had left entirely. Zoro noticed, sending you wild looks. "What?"

"I'm dating a moron..."

"Am not!" Zoro griped.

"I swear you're always trying to kill yourself!" You growled in response. "The fact that you tried to cut off your arm for a free sword."

"Um," Zoro couldn't find the correct words. "Wow... You finally managed to beat me at something," and thus you awed.

"When haven't I beat you at an argument?" You pat Zoro's cheek lovingly. "Anyways, thank you for the new sword. I'll send the other one back to Shanks."

"So that's why you're so protective over that sword," Zoro finally pieced everything together. "Well he does love you like a daughter, makes sense as to why he'd give his sword to you."

"Whatever, I got a new sword," you finally strapped the sword to your hip. "Thank you Old Man, let's head down onto the deck for lunch. I talked Sanji into making riceballs."

"Looks like we did each other a favor," Zoro smirked, kicking open the hatch of the crowsnest. "Start climbing before I throw you."