o n e

sam b.z
-

"your rents due soon, ms. zach" my landlord sighs through the phone.

"I just haven't found a job yet, give me a month and I'll pay you double next month Mrs. still, I'm sorry" I apologized

"Fine, one more month, or else you're kicked out" she booms before she hangs up

It was super hard living on my own and paying for university already, it wasn't like I had made any friends either. It's been not even a year yet and I was running low on cash, it was hard to find a job around because I didn't have a car yet and all the available jobs were far away. After moving from Vernon hills when I graduated, everything went down, I never even remembered why I wanted to go to UCLA in the first place. I'm just glad I got accepted.

I graduated just a year ago at the age of 18, wow, how funny, class of 18, made of 18 year olds.

anyways I got to study so I'll just head down to the library. they'll always say, "why not just use the internet" but I never was in touch with the internet since I got my first laptop/device when I moved out. My parents got it for me since my major is film, so that's that.

ooh, a job board

ouch!

I bumped into a guy with a black hat and brown hair poking through the bottom.

"oh I'm so sorry" I apologized while helping him pick up the flyers in his hand

"video editor?" I ask pointing to the flyer which read 'wanted: video editor, skills: iMovie and technology knowledge'

"yes, I make YouTube videos and class is getting too over whelming that I need a co editor" the guy explained getting up while brushing dust off his colour matching outfit.

"are you interested?" He raises an eyebrow while I handed the flyers to him

"maybe, I needed a job anyways how much do you pay?" I ask shrugging

"I'll do 50 a video? I post three a week so 150$ per week" he awkwardly smiled

"that's way too much, I'll take 10 for one" I smiled

it wasn't a good deal, for him not for me of course, that's wasting your money, I wasn't going to make someone waste their money, it's stupid.

"I'll give you 25 per video for modesty" he chuckled

"deal!" I held my hand out

"David dobrik." He introduced himself

"Samantha brinley zach" we shook hands