chapter one

My alarm woke me up at 5:30 this morning. The first day of school always seems to suck for me. I just hope today goes well. I finally get out of bed and change into this.

 I finally get out of bed and change into this

Today was photo day. I just straightened my hair and put on natural makeup.

When I arrived at school I was so happy to see Hali'a again.

"It feels like I haven't seen you in three years" she says to me.
"Try three days" I replied.

Hali'a and I have been best friends since second grade. When Zoe moved here in fifth grade we instantly became friends, and the same thing happened with Sig in eighth grade.

Sig and Zoe run over to us.
"Leila you look so good", says Sig.
"So do you" I say back.
Zoe hugs me and tells me that she missed me all summer.

When we check our schedules Hali'a and I have the same exact schedule and Zoe and Sig have most of their classes with us. I'm so happy that I get to spend sophomore year with my three best friends.

Leilas 2018/19 school year schedule
1. Geometry
2. Chemistry
3. English
4. Art
5. Lunch
6. Spanish
7. History
8. Composition

I'm dreading math class. Mr. Ross always gives us assigned seats. The desks are in groups of three. He tells us that he puts us with who he believes we work best with, but that's definitely not the case.

MR: Come on in class take a seat anywhere for now. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Leila: I hope I get put in a group with at least a good person.
H: You took the words right out of my mouth *giggles*
MR: Everyone up. Stand against the wall. I want Alex, Leila, and Joey to be in this group.

*when the rest of the grouping is decided*

MR: You have about 3 minuets left of class, get to know your table mates.
A: So Leila how was your summer? Did you do anything interesting?
Y/N: umm..well... yeah actually
A: What about you Joey?

*BELL RINGS*
*SKIPS TO LUNCH*

During lunch me, Sig, Zoe, and Hali'a all sit together. With about five minutes of the period left something weird happens.

H: Leila the boy you sit with in math is eyeballing you.
Z- go talk to him. He definitely likes you.

I turn around and there we have it, Alex is starting at me. I gave him a signal to come over and he did. We moved away from the girls and started taking.

Leila : so what's up?
A: uhhh we should hangout sometime.
Leila: you're very straight forward.
A: is that a good thing?
Leila: definitely.
A: but seriously though what are you doing tonight?
Leila: hanging out with you at my house at 7. My parents are away on a business trip and my sister is staying with a friend. So it my house won't be crowded.