"Irimi." The girl spoke clearly. Despite being shy, her voice wasn't that quiet. Maybe she was just a reserved person... "Irimi Kaya." 

"(L/N) (Y/N)!" You answered, your smile never leaving your face. "I look forward to speaking with you again!" With that, you nodded towards her and exited the shop, meeting up with Rin before returning to the 20th ward's CCG office. 

"That was a really stupid move." Koma stated from behind Irimi. "You're gonna get killed before you can say 'woof'." 

"Shut up. I have a good feeling about this, maybe I can get off the hook by making them think I'm human." 

"Have you seen the investigator they were with? I heard them call her Arima, and if she's their partner, you're screwed, Kaya." Koma leaned forwards, a scared expression on his face. "Do you have any idea who the Arima's are?"

"I'm telling you, I have a good feeling about them." Irimi answered before walking away. 

"Just don't drag Anteiku down with you, got it?" 

The dark haired female simply sighed and ignored him. She'd repeat herself as much as she needed to. 

She had a good feeling about you.

 ••••

And good feeling turned into great feelings, great feelings into love. 

Kaya hadn't meant to go that far. She just needed the CCG off her back for a moment to get a breather, but she ended up falling for a dove instead. Although she knew your partner, Arima Rin, still had her doubts about her, the two of you couldn't find concrete evidence and were forced to give her some space after a while. 

At first, she intended to let the relationship between the two of you loose its spark, since she didn't need you as an alibi anymore, but she couldn't get herself to let you go. She realized that what she thought was acting was just her actual feelings, and that every single thing she said and did was completely genuine.  

On your side, you adored the time you spent with Kaya. As sappy as it sounded, the butterflies in your stomach never calmed down ever since you first laid eyes on her and when she first told you she loved you, you got a taste of pure happiness. Throughout the months, throughout the years, that girl had stolen the spot as your number one priority. You were sure if it came down to it, you'd even choose her over the CCG. 

And she would choose you over Anteiku and the Black Dobers any day, and she was happy that way. She never knew she needed someone like you in her life until you came along, but if you were to disappear from her life or be ripped away from her, she'd go berserk. 

But if there was one thing she never let herself do, it was to reveal herself to you. Don't get her wrong, she trusted you more than anyone, but she knew your job probably came first and it was simply a second nature of yours to exterminate her if you had just the smallest evidence that she was a ghoul. She wasn't scared of dying because of that. No, she knew she had to pay for her sins at some point. She just hated the thought of you thinking badly of her, or having you breaking up with her over the matter. 

Thinking back, maybe she should have come clean. Maybe she should've had a bit more faith in you. After all, you did deserve the truth... 

And there she went, doing more wrong than right once again. How just like her. She probably should have told you. 

She probably shouldn't have pretended to be human so much and attempted to eat that meal with you, either, but you just wanted to show her that restaurant so badly, and who was she to deny you happiness?