The Ninja and the Kappa

AN: Hey, guys, I know updates for Amethyst Unleashed have been slow. The thing is my editor/co-author has been away for a while, so updates have been difficult. But don't worry, he will come back eventually. The story will continue.

It was midnight at Point Prep and while other students were asleep, one student just so happened to be waiting outside the building.

Enid was crouched behind a bush, completely out of the sight of the many Point Troopers and security drones wandering the campus. The ninja was currently awaiting the arrival of a certain kappa. After what happened at last nights sleepover with her friends and roommate and discovering that Chip Damage has been secretly injecting Point's honor students with glorbs, Enid took it upon herself to figure out just how big of a threat she was facing. So, later that evening after Rad and KO had left, she called up Dendy and told her about what happened and asked if she could come over to investigate. The kappa agreed and told Enid that she was gonna need blood samples from two students who had just recently used their power-up. And now, Enid was outside, urgently awaiting the kappa's arrival.

"C'mon, Dendy, where are you?" said Enid under her breath.

"I was wondering the same thing."

*crowd cheers*

"Dendy, where have you been; I've been waiting here for hours?" Enid asked, a little frustrated.

"When you contacted me, you only told me to come here. You didn't specify where," the kappa explained, causing Enid to cringe.

"Oh right, sorry about that," said Enid, sheepishly scratching the back of her head.

"Not to worry, I'm just glad you contacted me. I've been looking forward to an opportunity to add on to my turbonic studies for a while now," said Dendy. "Do you have the two blood samples?"

"Yep, right here," said Enid, pulling them out and handing them to her.

"I'm curious, Enid. Who exactly did you get these from?" Dendy inquired as she examined them.

"Elodie and Sparko. They're the only people I know that used their power-ups," Enid replied.

"Was there any complications?" asked Dendy.

"Not really," the ninja replied. "I managed to get Sparko's when he got tackled during Mega Football practice. I had to use shadow-jutsu to get it without being seen."

"What about Elodie? Was she any trouble?" the kappa inquired.

"Well, I got her's last night while she was asleep and it was actually pretty easy," said Enid.

"Really? How so?" asked Dendy.

"Okay, don't tell anyone I said this, but Elodie has a habit of being a very heavy sleeper," Enid explain. "That and her snoring made things pretty easy."

"Interesting," said the kappa.

"Yeah, so what's the plan?" asked Enid.

"It's very simple. I just need you to get me into the building's science lab on the west side of the campus. I'll be able to do further research there," said Dendy. "But, be cautious; I wouldn't want you to get caught by one of these Point troopers."

"Okay, I think I can do that. Now, get on my back," said Enid.

The kappa complied as Enid hopped onto the branch of a nearby tree before leaping upwards, landing on the ledge of the building's second floor. She unties her hair, letting it fall down, before revealing the hair band to be a rope dart.

"You might wanna hold on tight for this next part," said Enid as she sent the dart upward, lodging it into the edge of the roof. "Oh, and try not to look down."