Why The Lock and Key Analogy is Wrong

have you ever heard the saying, "A key that can open any lock is a master key; but a lock that can be opened by any key is useless lock."? It is a common saying that basically says that men are justifiably alowed to have more sex than women. Now let me tell you where this gets screwy. First, are lock and keys people? no. They are inanmiate objets that serve different purposes, unlike men and women who are of the same species and serve the same purposes: living, breathing, and reproducing. Besides, who says that the men are the keys? Are women like locks because we have holes whereas men do not? I dont think so. The metaphore could easily be flipped. Women could easily be the keys and men could easily be the pointless locks. As thenerdyfeminist.com put it, "the very fact that someone needed this metaphor to try to justify male sexuality and shame female sexuality, is sexist!" This phrase is mysogynystic as it is used to undermine and degrade female sexuality and praise a mans. Men use it to freely express their sexuality and surpress a womans which can easily be defined as sexism. Why arent women allowed to have as much fun as men? Does it really make us less human to participate in an activity that other human beings also participate in? Why is it so bad for women to have sex? Is it because of the risk of pregnancy? Because there are many methods that prevent that from occuring. Is it the risk of STDs? Because men can get those too. Women are entitled to do as they please with their bodies as they are their bodies. Women are not locks, and men are not keys, we are people.