"They had their representatives over. I couldn't do a thing about it. The treaty promises punishment if we try to do anything with the names my dear." Ehlam explained to her. She watched his age struck face which was still strong.

"I have a right to choose the one I will live my whole life with Grand Da. You taught me about the freedom of choice yourself!" She complained loudly. "I am so young. I can't even think about marriage right now. I need to follow my whims and build up a career and you have sabotaged everything!"

"I know and I am sorry that you can't choose the guy of your wish anymore because of this treaty. But other than that you can do everything you had desired. Have you ever seen me take away your choices from you Adiva?" He asked her gently. "I am helpless due to this peace treaty!"

"You never took away any of my choices and in return of all those times you snatched away my choice in the most important matter. This unfortunate peace treaty is making you weak and I don't like to see you so weak." Adiva replied tearfully.

"Oh Adiva!" He stroke her hair and kissed her temple.

Adiva closed her eyes. Her Grand Da was helpless and he appeared too weak to bear her tantrums. She really didn't want to hurt him and that was the only reason she hadn't pushed it. He was weak but she wasn't. She would be doing everything under her power to fight this treaty, except maybe killing the 'ice storm'. She promised herself that.

•••

Adiva rushed to the breakfast table which was very large. Everyone had breakfast together in the holidays and today was a special day. She smirked as she settled herself on the vast table used only during the special occasions.

Everyone woke up at seven and were on the table at seven thirty during vacations, so as to not become lazy. And it was almost seven thirty. All of the family members that arrived at the table stared at her face and displayed one of the three emotions- genuine happiness for her downfall, genuine irritation due to the unfairness of the treaty, jealousy that she had gotten the 'best' once more. She watched each one and noted their reactions well in her head. Settling back to her relaxed position she began to eat.

Yamin descended the stairs and came to an abrupt hall when his eyes landed on her. He narrowed his eyes at her suspiciously. She was so calm that he felt something was truly wrong. She couldn't let this go so easily, plain and simple. And her appearance of letting go was, in itself, the biggest proof that something was up. She was upto no good. He carefully descended the rest of the stairs and arrived at the table to take his place next to Adiva, who stayed calm and smiled at him an angelic smile. He gulped nervously. Sinan displayed the same reaction but preferred to stay as far away from her as possible.

When everyone were settled around the table and having their food, Adiva smirked and schooled her features once more. She apologised sincerely to this unknown Mirsab in her heart for what she was about to do, because she didn't have any animosity with him. She just wanted her right to marry on her own will.

"Sir?" The silence at the table was broken by the butler. "There is a letter for you and it was left at the main gate by a rather tearful girl." The butler told Ehlam, who frowned and nodded. The butler forwarded the letter in his hands towards Ehlam, who recieved it and checked the envelope before nodding at the butler, who respectfully bowed his head once and backed away.

Ehlam tore the envelope and fished out the contents, before opening the letter slowly. His face turned red with rage as he read the letter. He picked up the second paper and scanned it before standing up abruptly.

The family members stopped eating one by one and watched him in confusion before they all stood up respectfully. Adiva stood up too and watched along with the rest. Her Grand Da watched all the family members expressionlessly one by one. His eyes softened when they met her's. Adiva calmed down and smiled at him slightly. He came forward to stand in front of her. Her heart faltered in fear. Adiva's smile faltered before she hurriedly calmed herself down. There was no way he could know it was her. She needed to stay strong.