“Dumber.”

“And Yuta.”

“Dumbest.”

Yuta said indignantly, “I’m not the dumbest! Ten is!”

“Hey!” Ten cried out, thwacking the back of his friends’ head.

“Well, I’m honored to only be Dumb.” Johnny gave you a reassuring smile, hands stuffed in the pockets of his own leather jacket. “Despite the accuracy, why’d you call us that?”

“I never really learned your names before, so I made up my own for you.” You shrugged, not regretting your choices in the slightest.

It was then Yuta let out a whoop, looking over your shoulder at two tall figures approaching your group. Yukhei returned the whoop, even louder and deeper than his counterpart. Yoonoh shook his head at his friends’ antics, but nonetheless had a smile as he went to greet all of them.

“Y/N!” He grinned as he had finally noticed you from where you were kind of hiding on Taeyong’s other side. “Are you coming with us today?”

“Yeah, yeah.” You offered him a more genuine smile than before, clutching your books a little tighter to your chest.

Yukhei looked to Taeyong, “She’s actually skipping?”

“Yes.” You snapped before your friend could even open his mouth, angry that he wasn’t even addressing you. “I am.”

The taller boy tilted his head, taking only a moment to look you over before breaking into a wide grin, “Nice.”

“Everyone’s here. Let’s go.” Taeyong announced, moving to the driver’s side of his car. “Who am I taking?”

“Me!” Yuta practically dove for a door, throwing it open to plop into the backseat.

You wordlessly answered, opening the passenger side for yourself, not missing the fact that Yukhei had walked around to that side, a little miffed that you’d gotten there first.

“Me.” Yukhei sighed, climbing into the backseat with Yuta.

Johnny and Yoonoh were busy fighting over shotgun for Ten’s car, the former eventually relenting and letting his friend have it. Yuta seemed to be ecstatic about being in the same car as you, leaning forward over the console most of the time to try to talk to you. You engaged him, finding that even though he was a little greasy at times, he was a pretty interesting guy to have a conversation with. He suddenly yelled out, “Turn it up!” before going to turn the knob up himself anyway, immediately jamming out to the song that had previously been much quieter.

Suddenly all three boys that were in the car with you exploded into a messy chorus of yelling as they half-sang along to the song. You knew some of it too, letting yourself join in on the chaos, watching Yuta and Yukhei in the rearview mirror as they danced as best they could in their seatbelts, making wild hand gestures and headbanging so hard you were sure they were going to concuss their already scarce brain cells. But nonetheless, they were having fun, and so were you.

As you were stopped at a red light, Ten pulled up next to your car, and suddenly doors were opening, and everybody was scrambling out. Taeyong quickly put his car in park, unbuckling his seatbelt.

“What are you doing?” You yelled as he ran around, fervently opening your door to unbuckle your seatbelt too.

“Come on! The light’s going to turn green!” He didn’t explain, half-yanking you out of his car and throwing open the backseat of Ten’s to shove you in.

Just as the door closed behind him, the light turned green and both cars peeled off down the street again. You looked around, gaining your bearings as you realized that there were four people squished into the backseat, Taeyong, you, Yoonoh, and Yuta, with Johnny in the driver’s seat and nobody in the passenger seat.