"It looks great, Yonggie. Are you seeing Jae again soon?" You couldn't even force yourself to call him Yoonoh, it felt unnatural to you.

"Me, him, Yukhei, and a bunch of their friends are hanging out tomorrow. Why?"

"Tell him I said hi."

"Are you okay, Y/N?"

"Just tired, I was about to sleep when you called me." You only partially lied, offering him a sleepy smile that you hoped he could make out.

"You sure? I can probably convince them to let me bring you with." Your neighbor offered, eyes catching yours through the windows. "I know you miss Yoonoh as much as I did."

"It's fine, I've got some studying to do."

"Okay. Sorry for keeping you up. Goodnight, mochi."

And that was the last time you ever heard Taeyong affectionately call you by your childhood nickname. Or even really address you at all. The next day he went to hang out with Jaehyun, Yukhei, and whom you assumed to be Yukhei and Jaehyun's other delinquent friends, while you threw yourself into your studying. He came back with two slits in his right eyebrow.

Your texts with Taeyong got less and less frequent until it got to the point where he wouldn't even give you a second glance if he saw you out and about. You kept your blinds open, hoping he'd climb through your window again, or call you up to talk to each other through your windows.

He never did.

The first weekend after you started back at school, having exchanged brief hellos in your shared classes-where you had noticed another silver lip ring, which you guessed to be real this time-you looked up from your homework out your blinds and immediately regretted it. It was something you wished you could unsee: some girl you'd never seen straddling Taeyong on his bed as they sloppily made out. Slamming your blinds shut while trying not to puke, you never reopened them again.

That day you knew that any hopes of rekindling your lost friendship with Taeyong were gone. He was always accompanied by Yukhei, or Yoonoh, or their other friends you came to know as Dumb, Dumber, and Dumbest. You didn't really care about learning their names, nor did they seem to care much about you either. But deep in your gut, you knew that you still cared about Lee Taeyong, which is why you would still offer him a cheerful greeting in passing and sat beside him in your only period without his friends. If he didn't skip, of course.

You weren't expecting to find Dumb, Dumber, and Dumbest waiting in front of your locker for you one morning. But there they were, ripped jeans, faded hoodies, and all. You slowed to a stop in front of them, raising an eyebrow. "I know you know that's my locker."

"Is it really?" The tallest one you'd nicknamed Dumb asked, and you tried to refrain from rolling your eyes.

"Yep."

Dumber spoke up, the smallest of the three, "Our bad."

But they still didn't move. Tapping your foot impatiently, you kept eye contact with Dumbest, waiting for him to add some sleazy comment.

"Could you please move?" You requested sweetly, fluttering your eyelashes.

"Make me." Dumbest finally said suggestively, tongue tracing his bottom lip.

Knowing that he wanted a reaction from you, you stood your ground, waiting for them to move. Dumb's phone buzzed then, and his face lit up as he checked it. "TY's here, let's go."

With that, they abandoned your locker, Dumbest giving you a wink as he passed by you, "See you soon."

TY could have only meant Taeyong. He seemed to have become the leader of whatever weird conglomerate of "bad boys" that friend group was. Shaking your head, you twisted your combination into the lock, humming a peppy tune to try to get yourself back into a good mood.