chapter 38

Chapter 38

Returning the receiver in the cradle, Gauri turned her attention to the box on the table. She often received packages, Arnav usually couriered samples or outfits, and more often than not design prints, that was not unusual. It was the name that bothered her.

She turned the package and not that although there was no senders address but the postmark read Mumbai. She turned the box over and ripped the innocuous wrapping paper to reveal a little brown box. She picked up the letter opener and slit the cellophane seal. She looked into the box and found another box. The box was familiar to her as it was one the usual packing of a famous jewel store in Mumbai, where the Oberoi's where frequent patrons.

She picked up the box and flicked the lid opened a letter was placed, blocking the contents.

"Gauri,

I have kept this for the past three months. I have had it repaired and I am now returning it to you. My dearest with is to see it adorning you, but I would understand if you are not ready to use it.

I love you

Yours ..."

She looked at the box as tears slid down her eyes. She slid the lid back and clutched the box to her chest. The gift brought back memories that was not particularly happy.

Placing the box back on the table she stood up and walked to the window. Wiped away the tears and picked up her phone.

Her nimble fingers race through the electronic keyboard,

"Thank you for the gift,

But this time when I wear it, you are going to put it on for me.

I love you too...

More than you know"

AUTHOR'S NOTE THANK YOU, FOR READING MY STORY. PLEASE TELL ME THAT U ARE ENJOYING IT BY VOTING AND COMMENTING AS THIS IS THE ONLY WAY THAT I WOULD KNOW HOW YOU FEEL

******PLEASE VOTE*******