And I don't know what made me

When I was right outside Peter's tent, I saw that it was open with Liya and a few other pixies inside. At first I got worried since Peter was still lying down on his bed. But a that anxious feeling was gone when I saw that Peter was just asleep with a peaceful look on his face.

Think I was different from the millions of dreamers

When Liya saw me enter, she smiled at me and motioned for me to be quiet. As I took silent steps towards Peter, I didn't miss the looks of awe and thankfulness from the pixies who were all full sized.

Who share this yearning

"We'll leave you two alone," Liya whispered.

In a blink of an eye, all the pixies were now back in their original small size and flew out of Peter's treehouse. When they were gone, I lifted my hand and held Peter's.

"Are they gone?" Peter slightly opened one of his eyes.

"You were fake sleeping?" I playfully smacked his shoulder.

"I didn't want them fussing over me." He said as he sat up. I took him in a tight hug which shocked him at first, but he hugged me back.

"I missed you," I said to him when we pulled away.

"I was only gone for just a day. In fact it was you who left."

"Yeah, but I still missed you." All because I thought I'd lost you for hours. Those hours that didn't feel good.

Peter smiled and he was silent for a moment. "Thank you for saving me. I was a little uncertain that you would save me when I found out you were going for that crystal."

"You have so little faith in me," I joked. "Besides, don't think it's just all me. I mean, you saved me from myself."

"Yeah, I did," he laughed. "But I'm glad you chose me," Peter finished. "I'm glad that you chose to save Neverland."

"Well, I was more needed here than anywhere else. You know, I was shown an alternate reality where I didn't pick you but brought Newt back to life. And you know what?" I smiled. "I wasn't happy without you there. Funny thing is that I kept on worrying about you."

My life's not over

"Even if Newt was there?"

And I'll find ways to move on

"I've moved on from him. Thought he'll have a special place in my heart forever, I've finally decided not to stick to the past, but look at the future."

Can't be stuck in this moment

"No wonder you look happy."

While the world keeps on turning

"I am." It was then I remembered that box that Felix handed to me earlier. That box that was from Peter. I took it from the floor where I laid it and showed it to Peter. "What's in this?" I asked him.

Please don't leave me behind

"You haven't opened it yet?"

Please don't leave me behind

I shook my head and Peter took the box from my hands. He opened it and I saw a budding flower inside it. I gave Peter a look of confusion and he realized that he had to explain what it was. I haven't exactly seen this type of plant in any of the books Peter lent to me.

"This is a very special flower that could hold magic and I've given it some of mine. Just so that I could give it to whoever was going to rule Neverland when I die. So that Neverland won't die with me," Peter explained. "(Y/N) when you take this flower in your hands and inhale its magic filled pollen, you yourself will have magic just like me."

"I can't believe that you were really going to let me have a part of you and rule Neverland."

"I told you that I trusted you and so did the Shadow. So," Peter looked at me with wondering eyes, "will you still take it cause I'm still offering it to you and you only."

Looking at that budding flower then at Peter, I have made my decision. "Yeah, I will."

A/N: Okay so I only have one more chapter left which is the epilogue. There will be a sequel of which I'm still thinking of a story for. The sequel will contain both (Y/N) and Peter falling in love since like I said earlier, this book wasn't exactly about (Y/N) falling in love but moving on. And you don't have to fall in love to move on.

But before the sequel, I will write a new book with some of the chapters here from Peter's point of view, as well as some new chapters. Just so that we could also see what was going on inside his head. But I won't rewrite this entire book in his POV, just a few chapters.

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade