She looked at the food in front of her. It wasn't her favorite, but due to hunger, she gobbled it down, washing the dishes after she ate.

The (E/C)-eyed girl found herself doing nothing. Just laying down the couch and watching Television.

(y/n)'s pov

Click!

I turned on the Television to watch whatever takes my interest. When I turned it on it was on the News.

Newscaster: "A fire occured at <somewhere, lol> near <school name>. The cause of the fire is still unknown. You could see in the background that the fire is still going, firemen are doing their best to put it off. The families that live in the burning houses are taking their things outside. There are so—"

Click!

I turned off the Television. My eyes started to blur, although I managed to stop the tears from coming out. That was months ago, why was it still on the news?

"(Y/N), move on. Toby would want you to be happy, so would your parents. If you won't do it for yourself, do it for them." I took deep breathes. "I'll just take a walk. I missed taking in fresh air. That'll help me for sure." I stood up and went up my room.

Stepping inside my room, my eyes roamed around.  "I'll have to clean this when I'm done taking a walk." Dust covered the walls, I could even see some cobwebs on the ceiling. The bedsheets, blankets and pillows were drenched from my tears.

I took a pair of socks in my cabinet, putting the house keys in my pocket. I took the necklace from Toby in the box I kept it in. I jogged back downstairs and to the door. I sat down the cold floor and slipped on my socks and shoes. I stood up, opened the door and stepped outside. I took the keys from my pocket and locked the door.

I headed to the park. Once I arrived, I looked around. It hasn't changed. The bright sun shone down at me as I shield my eyes. I closed my eyes and inhaled the fresh air, the wind blowing my hair out of place. I stared at the trees as its leaves dances with the wind with grace. Some falling off and flying to who knows where.

I started to walk and take in the beauty of nature. I usually hang out here with...Toby. I miss him. The swings came to my view. I walked towards it and sat down. I swayed slowly and closed my eyes. Minutes passed and I opened my eyes.

"Great, you're awake!"
A voice exclaimed. I assumed the voice belonged to a female child. The small and cheerful voice came from my right. I tilted my head to the right too fastly, causing a slight headache. I squeezed my eyes shut.

"Ah, sh-," Don't swear, there's a child in front of you! "Sugar cane..."

"Are you okay, Miss?" The girl questioned, using the swing, her brown hair swaying in the wind.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just surprised, that's all," I rubbed my temples.

"Sorry, Miss. I just wanted someone to talk to," She frowned.

"It's okay!" I glanced around and noticed that we were the only people around. "Who's with you?"

"My friend, Toby," She grins. Toby? Everywhere I go or whatever I do, something always makes me remember him. Good for her, her Toby is still alive.

My eyes started to blur for the second time this day. I gulped the forming lump in my throat and forced words to come out of my mouth. "W-Where's your friend?"

"He said he's coming back for me," She replied, not actually answering my question. "Are you okay, Miss? You look like your about to cry."

"Dust just happened to target my eyes, don't worry." I laughed awkwardly.

"Okay...I better get going, Miss! I hope you take care of yourself and move on," She stood up from the swing and waved at me. She skipped to the opposite direction where I came from.

"Thanks..." I repeated those last words she told me in my mind. "Wait, move on? How did she..." My eyes widened. "Hey, wait!" I reached out my hand, but she was too far to hear me. She accelerated her pace, so I didn't bother to try and catch up. Her brown hair flowing in the wind is the last I saw of her.

I sat there for awhile, confusion written on my face. But later on, deciding that noone and nothing would answer my question, I went home.

When I arrived, the house is quiet as I looked at the wall clock. It was 11:00 in the morning. I spent two hours in the park? I thought I only spent half an hour or maybe even less! Setting that aside, I have work to do. Since I don't know what else to do other than cleaning my room, I'll just clean the house.

Sweeping the floor. Wiping the windows. Dusting the ceiling and walls. Oraganizing. Washing the laundry. Cooking dinner. I did it all. But not without a 30 minute break when the clock struck 12:30. I finished, 5:00 in the evening. My parents wouldn't be home until 9:00 at night, so I cook dinner for myself. But I'll cook dinner for them later, just a simple thanks.

Timeskip brought to you by JL, who ran out of ideas: 4 hours later

I already cooked for them, I'm in my room right now. Using my Phone, reading books in Wattpad. These fictional characters are lucky to live in a book, mostly happy endings occur. Tsk.

Click! Darkness welcomed me.

-

1.7k words
08/12/18