2

When I get a job, I have a strategy. It mainly consists of learning the whereabouts of the target and learning their day to day life. However, this time, the target is on the verge of leaving the country, so I had about a week. 

The first day, I kept a low profile, just seeing his daily life. He spent a lot of his time in his house, to be honest. He has five bandmates, Daniel Seavey, Zach Herron, Corbyn Besson, and Jonah Marais. Although for now, they weren't any of my concern. 

I learned all that I could in a day about Jack. In about two days, I knew his movements, his daily habits, everything. Honestly, it's insane how I do it, but I guess after time I adapt to it. 

On the third day, I slipped up. He dropped something, and I picked it up. I know I shouldn't have, but I did. He turned around. He was a lot cuter up close, and my "necessities" overwhelmed me. I hate that word. Another thing about me is I'm not one for affection. 

"I think that's mine," he said to me, gesturing towards the bandana which had fallen out of his belt loop. I smiled and handed it back to him. Even though I already knew what it said and what the words on the bandana stood for I asked, "Why Don't We?"
"Yeah, it's my band name," he replied.
I replied coyly, "wow, you're in a band?"
"Yeah, you should check us out, we're on Spotify and iTunes," he said, reaching to push back his curls.
"Maybe I will," I said, walking away. I thought the situation couldn't get worse, but then he asked for my phone number. My mind was telling me no, but "yeah, sure," came out instead. 

I gave him my phone number and walked in the opposite direction. Hating myself for being such a fool. I had made a connection, that's no good. 

I'm having trouble coming up for who the client could be and their motive for revenge on Jack. So, comment an idea below.