It also said that he encouraged Colby to ignore me, saying that he should just fly to another country and fake his identity. Unfortunately, he didn't have enough money to fly himself out to, even the cheapest country to fly to. Too much of his money was invested in drugs and he couldn't stop the habit with Dominic encouraging him.

The story was quite sad to me. Who encourages someone to take drugs and to fly themselves out to another country without even helping them do so? Who manipulates someone into doing something to get them in trouble? What benefit does that do for Woods when he knows that I'll find him before it's too late for him?

I rubbed my eyes after reading the last highlighted area in his file before doing some research on my laptop. Apparently, he has children, all unnamed to the public, not known that they are, in fact, his children. He must be clever with that part of his life but he wasn't as clever as one could strive to be.

As I finished with information on Dominic Woods, I remembered that I had to go in to one of the clubs today. I have more work to finish there before I'm completely done with everything on my agenda for the day. I wore some dark blue jeans, a black shirt, layered with an olive green bomber jacket, and some black ankle boots since I knew it was a little chilly outside to wear the black dress I had on previously. I then had to inform the mob that I was going out, but this time, I only took Donnie with me to drive since I was fine to protect myself.

I stepped out of the car as we arrived at the club. It was during the middle of the night so the club was crowded with people. More business, more profit. I entered the club, adjusting to the loud music and crowded place. Some people were chilling at the bar area while a lot of people were dancing around— some wasted and some not. I could tell that most of the people were wasted from their sloppy moves and slurred words that I heard each time I got near them.

I pushed through the crowd of people until I finally reached the restricted area for employees only. I opened the door which had another hallway through it. I walked through the hallway, only to find my office. I pulled the keys out of my purse and started to unlock the door. Once I had unlocked it, I closed the door, not wanting anyone to come in. Though, I didn't lock it because someone might need me.

I turned the light on and sat behind the desk on the office chair. I sighed as I turned the computer on, welcoming me with my pure black wallpaper and applications scattered on the screen. I started to do some work until I opened my drawer to find a white envelope, sealed and addressed to me.

If I had received mail, it should've gone to my mailbox or an employee at the club would have informed me about it as I came in or called me about it. Either way, I would've known about it but I didn't until now. I had the bland envelope in my hands, the only thing decorating it being the fancy handwriting that read 'To Lia Sharpe'. No other name was written on the letter which made me even more curious.

I ripped the envelope open and pulled out the paper that matched the colour of the packaging. I threw the ripped envelope onto the keyboard of my computer and unfolded the letter. It was all printed out in Arial font. No colours filled the paper, not even emphasizing important parts. I shook my head, knowing that I could be wasting my time, but started to read it anyway.

The letter was pretty useless excluding the last part. 'The fun has already began.' I furrowed my eyebrows as I read that part. The name written to sign it all off wasn't an actual name, rather a few words. 'Sincerely, I'm not finished.' I tore the page into little pieces, throwing them out in the trash with the envelope.

I don't have time for this silly threat. I could take down whoever this was with a snap of my fingers. That or this was some foolish teenager who snuck into the club, into the employees only area, all the way to just pick the lock of my office door and slide this in for me. A waste of their time or my time nonetheless.