Chapter Thirty - Maps

Start from the beginning

"Cause something strange has come over me,

Now I can't get over you.

No I just can't get over you!"

He pulled her closer, smirking slightly down at her as his body now moved in sync against hers, along with the other people around them as well.

"I was there for you in your darkest times,

I was there for you in your darkest night."

She stared up at him, a nearly unreadable look on her face.

"But I wonder where were you,

When I was at my worst,

Down on my knees,

And you said you had my back."

She moved up to him, her fingers curling slightly as she did so.

"So I wonder where were you,

When all the roads you took came back to me..."

He felt her lips slowly graze gently over his, before he gave in and pulled her waist tightly against him, pressing his lips against hers.

"So I'm following the map that leads to you.

The map that leads to you,

Ain't nothing I can do."

Her hands moved from his shoulders up to his neck, resting her fingers on it before they curled again and entangled themselves in the hair at the base of his neck. They moved in sync now, their bodies in sync with the others, and their lips in sync with each other's.

"Following, Following, Following to you.

The map that leads to you.

Ain't nothing I can do.

The map that leads to you."

They both pulled away for a breath of air, staring at each other, both with somewhat surprised and yet loving looks in their eyes.

Eve moved close to him again, closer to his ear than his lips. "We should probably go soon, it's getting late! We need to get Jay home too!" Eve yelled in his ear, the music still too loud to hear someone just through speaking.

Murphy nodded, and Eve once again led him through the large crowd. It seemed bigger now. They found Hannah and Jay over by the front of the building, with Jay almost falling over and Hannah struggling to keep him up.

Murphy sighed softly. They were far enough from the speakers that they could hear other clearly without yelling. "Alright, let's get you home." He said, putting Jay's left arm over his shoulders and lifting him up.

They were at Jay's house within minutes, and Hannah had already gotten water and advil for him. He was groaning on the couch as she gave him the water. "Why was alcohol made? Do they want to kill us?"He groaned even louder.

Murphy laughed. "I took the cup away from you for a reason. You shouldn't have kept drinking."

Jay sighed. "Okay, let me sleep and shut up, Murphy." He turned around so that he was facing the back of the couch, his back to Murphy and Eve, while Hannah sat down at his feet.

"Okay, okay. Calm it, drunky." He chuckled.

The next thing he knew, Jay had chucked the pill bottle at the back of his head. He yelped. "Ow!"