Help, daddy

5 year-old Nora Westallen sat at the desk in her well decorated, pink bedroom as she drew a picture; mommy, daddy, and herself.

As she filled in the last yellow lines pointing from the 2D sun she'd attempted in the top right hand corner of the page she heard the front door click. She tried to finish her piece as soon as she could so she could hand it straight to her dad now he'd returned from work.

There were voices outside her door that didn't match the voice of Barry Allen but she didn't listen to their words - it was probably just Mr Singh coming back with him to discuss some cases, or it was pop-pop (that made more sense).

Done. She enthusiastically picked up the piece of paper, dropping her crayon on the floor. She sped out of her room, down the stairs into the living area,
"Daddy look! I drew a picture -" the big, bright smile on her face dropped when she didn't see her dad anywhere; there were two cops, neither she'd seen before stood by the dining table where her mom was collapsed on the floor, scrunched up burying her face in her lap covering something she couldn't yet recognize. One of the officers knelt by her side with one hand on her back for support.

"Mommy what's wrong?" Nora slowly walked towards her but iris didn't reply - she still remained silently crying, her voice not letting her speak. She made no eye contact with her concerned daughter and remained in the position she'd found her in.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?!" At 5 years old Nora understood that there was always someone looking for a way to hurt her or her family because they were special.

One of the officers cleared her throat and looked at their partner for an answer what to do - how could they tell this confused child what they knew? They thought that Iris should be the one to tell her in the way she wanted to but she wouldn't reply to anything they ask her.

"Mommy's fine, She's just a little upset but we're here to help - we're pop-pops friends," the officer said, kneeling down to her height.
"Where's pop-pop? He'll help her. Or daddy - daddy makes her happy,"
The officer looked away and took a deep breath,

"Where is he ma? I thought he was suppose to be home by now," the young girls big, brown eyes that were inherited from her mother glazed over with tears and her voice broke a little from where she was trying not to cry. She didn't like seeing her mom cry - she hardly ever did actually see her cry because dad would always make things better... but he isn't here for some reason.

"WHERES MY DAD?!" She screamed at the officers, "what's that?" Nora got down on her knees and opened the palms of her mothers clenched hands exposing a torn piece of The Flash's suit.

Nora's bottom lip started trembling, "is he at star labs? He can't go to a normal hospital he has special medical needs, uncle cisco and auntie Caitlin will help him the right way," Nora informed the officers as tears fell from her eyes down the dark skin of her soft cheeks. "Mommy he's okay, right?" She gently shook Iris to get her attention, "why are you crying?" They we're both crying even more now,
"He's not..." iris tried to speak but the lump in her throat got in the way, "he's not coming home," she managed to barely say - her own words tearing her apart all over again.

"Take it back!" Nora cried,
"No Nora, your dad is dead. I'm sorry... I-" Iris took a look at her confused, tearful, broken daughter - a splitting image of her father, a reminder of what she'd lost.

Nora ran up to her room, slamming the door and making a point of it. Iris could hear her baby screaming from the other side of the house and it only broke her heart more. She didn't wanna life any more, there was nothing left; she'd just refused to be there for her daughter and she'd lost her everything.

"Please leave," iris stood up, almost falling where she felt so weak from crying so much.
"Ms Westallen I don't think -"
"LEAVE!" Iris shouted as she opened the door, practically pushing them out. She slammed the door behind her and knelt back behind it, sliding down until she hit the ground where she hugged the remainder of Barry's suit.
"Why did you leave me...?" She whispered to no one.

She looked up at the many photos of them both together which made her cry even more to the point she felt physically sick.
"I-" the screams and cries from Nora's room only grew louder, "I love you," iris shouted, her voice broke.

A.N: I hate myself right now too but i feel like the writers are gonna do this to us at some point😭 however I do believe iris will be a great mom but Dice mentioned something like hers and Nora's relationship seems to be like hers and Francines (which isn't good) but Nora going back to the past and telling our present iris about it obviously upsets iris and then she makes sure she's always there for her so I think we good but🤷‍♀️😭) and also I cried myself writing this and don't ask me why I did it bc idk.