Better Man

Hey guys! This is the sequel to my book Vlog Squad. This takes place five years into the future. At this point, Ally has her doctorate and Dom is an actor. They've been dating since Vlog Squad ended, and they're pretty serious about where their lives together are going. Thanks for supporting me, and happy reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I pull up to the house in my G-Wagon before turning off the car and climbing out. I hold my briefcase in one hand and a present in the other.

I enter the house and am immediately greeted by barking. I look down and grin at my two dogs, Becks the Australian Shepherd and Lulu the Samoyed. 

"Honey, I'm home!" I call after greeting the dogs.

"I'm in the kitchen!" My boyfriend calls back.

I set down my bag and shrug off my coat before making my way to the kitchen.

There's my boyfriend, slaving away over the stovetop wearing an apron and chef's hat.

I walk up behind him and place my arms around him, kissing his cheek. "My little Italian chef." I grin. "What are you cooking?"

"Pasta." Dominic laughs. He turns and offers me the spoon. "Try some."

I take a bite and moan. "You make the best pasta." 

Dom grins before turning back to the stove.

"I'm going to change and then come set the table," I say over my shoulder as I head for the stairs. "Oh, by the way, I bought you a present."

Before he can call out a response, I rush upstairs. I enter our bedroom and take off my heels. The next things to go are my pants and my sweater. I slip into a pair of sweatpants and a T-shirt of Dom's before pulling my hair up into a messy bun and sliding my feet into a pair of fuzzy slippers.

I climb back downstairs and go to set the table. Five minutes later, the food is ready and Dom and I tuck into our meal.

"How was work?" I ask.

"It was good, actually. We didn't do a lot of my scenes today, which was actually good because I don't have them down completely and I don't want to look foolish." Dom grins.

"Babe, you won't look foolish." I laugh. "But if you want, I can help you study your lines later."

"I can't ask you to do that. You must be so busy at the office." Dom protests.

"The office isn't too busy that I can't help you." I roll my eyes.

"You're the best." Dom smiles.

Dominic DeAngelis. Mine. My serious boyfriend of almost six years. Mine. Former YouTuber, current actor. Mine.

"What?" He asks, pulling me away from my thoughts.

"I love you." I grin.

"I love you more." Dom looks off for a moment. "Hey, you said you brought me a present." 

"I did." I giggle.

He doesn't say anything, but he looks at me expectantly.

I pull the small box from my sweatpants pocket and hand it to him. "Just a little something. Think of it as an early Valentine's Day present."

Dom opens the box and grins. "Is this a Cartier?"

"It's the matching one to mine." I grin, lifting my wrist.