"This is a shortcut," Krum said, "just a bit further."

Hermione peered ahead into the gloom, but she didn't recognize this part of the castle, suddenly she shivered as a chilly wind had swept down the corridor. Were they near the dungeons? How was that possible?

"I don't think so," Hermione shook her head, suddenly wishing she hadn't decided on a walk with Krum.

She turned to go back the way they had come when Krum reached out and gripped her arm above her elbow very tightly.

"No, I don't think so," Krum growled, pulling Hermione to him. She lost her balance and stumbled into him. He took advantage and pushed her against the wall, pawing at her dress.

"Please! Stop!" Hermione shouted as she struggled against him. She was trying to push him off her or hurt him, anything to get him to stop.

"Stop struggling," Krum growled, and he slapped her. Hermione's head twisted to the side from the force of the blow, and she was sure that her lip was split open, but Krum had successfully captured her wrists and was now holding them above her head in one hand.

"Stop!" Hermione cried. Fear welled up and tore at her. Her wand was buried in her skirts; she had no hope of getting to it with her hands above her head. Krum was much, much larger than her. "Please! Stop!"

Krum grunted and forced one of his large thighs between her legs.

"No!"

"What's this?" a voice from the end of the corridor called out. Hermione turned her head but was unable to make out whoever it was.

"Help!" Hermione screamed, and Krum gripped her chin and slammed her head back into the wall behind her, dazing her.

"Here, now!" The voice shouted, and with a flash of brilliant red light, Krum was thrown off of Hermione.

Lord Draco stood before her and caught her before she could crumple to the cold, stone floor.

"Lady Hermione! Are you alright?" Lord Draco helped her to stand, keeping one arm around her waist steadying her.

Hermione's heart felt as though it was going to beat out of her chest. Tears streamed down her face, and she knew at least her lip was bleeding, and quite possibly her tongue as well.

"He attacked me," she felt horror and fear all rolled into one as her knees gave out once more.

Lord Draco swept her up into his arms and settled her hands around his neck.

"Shh, it's alright," he whispered to her. "I've taken care of him. I'll be sure to report him."

"No! You can't! I'll be ruined if you do!" Hermione was frantic. As awful as she felt—as much as she wanted Krum punished—she knew that if word got out, she would be well and truly ruined. Nobody would marry her. And Hermione didn't want to get kicked out of the wizarding world for not marrying one of the pure-bloods who was bound to petition for her.

"Alright," Lord Draco soothed. "It's alright, let's get you to the Hospital Wing."

"No!" Hermione protested again. "You can't. Nobody can know, please Lord Draco!" Hermione begged him.

Lord Draco's lips tightened fiercely, and Hermione thought he would refuse her. She didn't know what she would do if she were ruined.

"Please, Lord Draco. I cannot be ruined... I'll be banished from the wizarding world! Professor McGonagall said wars had been fought over Muggleborns before. I don't want a war! I just want to be a witch."

"Alright," Lord Draco finally conceded after many minutes. It took Hermione a moment to realize that all this time Lord Draco had been walking. He opened the door to an old Charms classroom and set her carefully on the edge of the professor's desk. With a flick of his wand, the sconces lit, and he turned back to face her.