I walked in the hospital and up to the front desk.

"How may I help you?" The perky blonde asked.

"I need to see Ty Bailey and Lia Montgomery." I said fast. She typed on her computer and looked up at me over her thick glasses.

"Are you family of either two?" She asked.

"No but me and my sister is the only family Lia has. Please." I begged.

"You're lucky a girl came in earlier and said the same thing. Go wait in the waiting room down the hall." She pointed.

"Thanks." I said before running off.

I made it to the waiting room and sat in the section where I saw Blue, Colton, and August.

"We were wondering when you was gone bring your skinny behind." Blue said. I ignored her and hugged Colton.

"What the fuck happened?" I pulled up a chair to them.

"The doctors only said that the truck driver said Ty was going really fast." Blue shrugged.

"Damn Ty.." August mumbled.

Lia POV

I swung my feet off the porch of this unknown house. I stared out into the far distance and saw nothing but light.

I heard footsteps behind me and Ty joined me and held my hand.

"We dead aren't we?" He asked. I simply shrugged.

"I don't feel dead." I said looking at my arms.

"Me neither." He shrugged. We looked straight ahead in the light.

"Is that heaven?" I asked. He stood up off the porch and squinted his eyes into the light.

"Aye Li. Come see this." He said excitedly. I hopped down off the porch and stood beside him.

"What is it?" I smiled at the beauty within the light.

"Heaven." He smiled down at me.

"Well what are we waiting on?" I asked him. Because every since they rushed my body to the hospital I have been sitting here staring at the light. I'm guessing they gave up on Ty and let him join me.

"What about our friends?" He turned and looked back at what seemed to be our whole life flashing before our eyes. I didn't want to see that so I looked back at the light. And without a warning I ran into it.

I'm free :)

Blue POV

We sat here for hours and hours waiting on a sign that my best friend isn't dead. We were a second away from going to sleep.

"Family of Ty and Lia." A tall doctor came from behind the double doors with a clip board. We all jumped to our feet and rushed to him.

"Are they okay?" I asked quickly.

I kid you not, he looked in each of our faces for at least a minute. I'm under the impression my best friend isn't coming back.

"Sorry but we did all we could.."

I don't know what he said after that because we all lost our minds and went crazy. Colton had to hold Noel up. August punched the wall leaving a dent. I couldn't even move. Me and Lia been cool since the pamper years. And Ty..

Poor Ty was growing on me. And he was down with August and Colton. That nigga taught them how to be hood.

"Okay." I simply said.

*

Here I am now sitting front row at my best friend and her boyfriend's funeral. Noel and August sat on either side of me. Colton sat next to Noel. We all wore our dark shades.

"And we will get a few words from family and friends." The preacher said. And to my surprise Noel stood up and walked to the mic.

"I'm Noel Haughton. Some of you know me as the late Tina Haughton's daughter. Others may know me as 'the girl who got raped a couple summers ago. But what you don't know is the bond Lia and I had." I saw tears rolling from under her shades. Poor Noel.

"Lia was like a second sister to me. Lia, Blue, and I would do everything together! And now that she's gone I don't know how to live. It's like a part of me is gone. Rest in paradise Ty and Lia. You two will be truly missed." Noel came and sat back down. August went up next.

"Uh I just thought I should say a couple words on Ty's behalf. Ty was a lover. Ty loved everybody! But every time we were together all he would talk about is Lia." August managed to smile.

"He used to be like Lia is beautiful. Lia is funny. Lia going to be somebody in life. I used to be like dang Ty we tired of talking about Lia." He said causing the crowd to laugh.

"But the crazy thing is, whenever he talked about Lia he talked about her crazy ex. To make a long story short, y'all need to check in on that nigga Mike before I do." August said before sitting down. My mouth fell open. Everyone gasped and whispered.

"Really A? Really?!" I whispered yelled.

"Aye somebody had to let it be known." He threw up his hands in defense.

"Dude. You did not just do that." Colton said in disbelief.

"You'll thank me for it later." He nodded. He now had everybody staring at us. Thanks a lot August!

Go read my new book Thug Next Door