+ chapter one

+ raelynn's pov

dentist appointment
@ 4.20pm

Fuck. In my twenty two years of living, I still haven't gotten over my fear of dentists. Failed operations, frightening surgeons and sharp tools in my mouth being the reason behind my childish phobia.

I walked to my car, feeling my anxiety raising every second. Normally, I'd have my mother with me but her work restricting her from accompanying me left me by myself. I'd sometimes have Mica with me, but again, that was not the case.

My traumatising thoughts made the journey to the dentists' clinic much faster. I walked through the doors being greeted by the friendly face behind the computer screen.

"Raelynn Jordan," I said trying to cover the fear evidently laced in my voice.

"Yes, appointment with Dr Dolan at 4.20pm. Please take a seat and wait for the call," the lady beamed with the same smile on her face. For some reason, the name Dolan sounded oddly familiar to me but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

I sat down tapping my foot against the glossy floor, waiting to be called. I fiddled with the sleeve of my hoodie, watching the clock ticking agonisingly slow. With my anxiety through the roof and my stomach empty, the next few minutes deemed to be painful.

"Raelynn Jordan!"

After much waiting, my name was finally called with a nurse walking me towards the room. The surroundings making me nervous, I closed my eyes trying to keep my breathing steady.

"Hello, I'm Dr Dolan. And I believe you must be Raelynn."

An unfamiliar voice awoke me from my state looking at the face in front of me.

Wow, he was gorgeous.

I read Dr. Grayson Dolan written on his name tag. He had dark hair with blonde highlights giving him more character, a dangling wing hanging from his ear, and the sharpest jawline I've ever seen.

I guess I hadn't said anything as he waved his fingers in front of my face taking me out of my trance.

"Yeah, sorry I'm just not comfortable with the whole dentist thing," I said with a nervous laugh following.

"Haha, don't worry. I promise it won't hurt, hopefully," he laughed mumbling the last part.

Before I could respond, I felt a bright light coming into my vision. Butterflies erupted in my stomach making my breathing uneven.

"Hey, don't worry, it's just a quick check up. It will take no time at all," Grayson reassured me, placing his hand on mine. The instant warmth relaxed me.

During the check up, Grayson started small talk, which I laughed to as I couldn't actually speak. But judging by what he was saying, he seemed very funny and enthusiastic.

"Well, you're done! You've kept good care of your teeth and it doesn't seem like you have any cavities so you're good to go. Your next check up should be in six months. But feel free to come in whenever you feel the need," Grayson informed me, "but I have prescribed something which you should definitely use."

He scribbled something down and handed me the folded piece of paper.

"Thank you. This was probably one of the best appointments I've had. I always get nervous over coming to the dentist."

"Well, you were a great patient so thank you," he said, sending me a smile. His smile could light an entire room.

I climbed off the bed walking towards the door before his voice stopped me.

"Remember to use the prescription I gave you."

I smiled and walked out of the door, reaching for the paper. I opened it, reading what it said.

call me (310) 754 2748
- grayson x

+

thank you for reading the first chapter! im very excited for this new book! i have a lot planned :)
<3

side note: im gonna add dolan fanfic recommendations to the end of all my chapters to give my favourite books some recognition i think they deserve :)