"I would've been fine. You're more important. And considering that it's my life on the clock, it doesn't matter if I'm caught."

" I couldn't stand it if anything happened to you."

Draco pulled away from his ear, shaking his head in disbelief and frustration.

They stopped at the stone Gargoyle. Draco pulled back to his ear, pretending to wrestle him again.

"Listen to me, Harry Potter. Lie. Don't tell her anything. Pretend you're completely ignorant about everything. Lie." Draco whispered urgently. He pulled back and pinned Harry face forward to the wall.

Umbridge came around the corner seconds later, a wide smile on her face.

"You've done very well Draco. I'll take Potter from here. Go see if you can find more of them. Students who are out of breath. Check in the Library, the bathrooms." Umbridge directed.

"With pleasure." Draco smirked at Harry and quickly walked off.

"Fizzing Whizbee." Umbridge said sweetly, leading Harry to the chaos.

He did exactly what Draco insisted he do. He lied. And with that, Dumbledore managed to save all their asses. But now Dumbledore was no longer at Hogwarts. That was the price payed. He was gone.

Harry found himself extremely great full that he'd taken Draco's name off the contract. Had
it been on the list when Umbridge had it in her possession, Draco would be in deep shit.

"... Fudge will soon wish he'd never dislodged me from Hogwarts, I promise you..." Harry remembered Dumbledore's words. The fierceness in his voice and the madness in his eyes.

Now that Dumbledore wasn't at Hogwarts, the new Head was Umbridge, according to Educational Decree number Twenty-Eight.

By morning Draco was assigned part of Umbridge's "Inquisitorial Squad". He bore a silver badge on his chest to prove it.

Harry was relieved that Umbridge gave no hint of suspicion towards Draco. But he also knew that he'd have to be more careful.

Now that the Room of Requirement had been discovered, they no longer had a secret meeting place. But thanks to Fred and George, they could manage to find time alone. The twins were determined to cause mayhem for the new Headmistress.

While Umbridge and Filch were busy dealing with the trouble Fred and George caused, Harry and Draco snuck off to empty classrooms together.

Sometimes Draco would update Harry on what Umbridge had set in store. Other times they'd just meet up simply to be close to each other. To see eachother without the public facade they put up.

But their time together always ended too soon, and when they were back in public, Harry was forced to endure the cruel mask Draco was required to wear.

Harry's dream of the corridor continued. It frustrated Harry. He just wanted to know what was behind that stupid door.

Things continued to look grim at Hogwarts. Harry's temper shortened and his mood dropped. It didn't help that Harry could tell Draco's state getting worse. His hands were never warm. He grew thinner, his hair shaggier. His face became almost gaunt and shadows fell under his eyes. He was getting weaker.