"When Robb leaves for the Twins to speak with Walder Frey, you should remain here. The Frey's are not the most forgiving bunch, and once they find out you're with child..." Catelyn trailed off.

Marla furrowed her brow. "Why is Robb  speaking with Walder Frey?" She asked confusedly. She had no clue what Cat was talking about.

Catelyn immediately wished she'd never spoke. Marla didn't know Robb was ever betrothed to a Frey woman. "Oh gods," she whispered under her breath.

"Catelyn, what are you talking about?"

"I wasn't supposed to mention that..." she mumbled. Now she had to tell Marla the truth. "Before you arrived here in Riverrun, Robb was bound to marry one of Walder Frey's daughters. In return, the Northern army would be granted access across their bridge—which is the only crossing over the Twins. Now that you two have married, Robb broke his oath to Walder and he plans to apologize and negotiate with him for new terms. He didn't tell you because he knew if you found out, you would make him marry the Frey girl. You would push him to keep his oath for the good of the realm."

Marla huffed out, closing her eyes to process all the information. "Why would he lie to me?" She asked through gritted teeth. "He knows better than anyone, that I'd understand. I could never be mad at him for doing what is best for his cause in this war!"

How could he marry Marla and leave that very important detail out? He was betrothed to another?

"He loved you too much to not marry you."

Marla nodded slowly. "Thank you for telling me."

Anger and rage filled her to the brim. And before Catelyn could stop her, she was out the door to speak with Robb.

As Marla stormed into her chambers, she found Robb sitting on the bed, his back facing her

As Marla stormed into her chambers, she found Robb sitting on the bed, his back facing her. He was wearing nothing but his trousers and his curly hair was tousled and messy.

She slammed the door behind her. Robb glanced back, a smile on his face. "Hello, love," he mused.

Her face remained cold and stoic. "I thought we would never lie to each other?"

He perked a brow. "What're you talking about, Marla?"

"I know you were set to marry another woman. And yet you never told me before you broke your oath to Walder Frey. And the worst part is—your own mother was the one who informed me of this. I love you, Robb. But I don't want you dying for me," she said, her voice weakening at the impending tears.

He sighed, pursing his lips. "I'm not going to die, darling. I will speak to Lord Frey and we'll work something out."

"Then I'm coming with you," she crossed her arms defiantly.

"No way. There's no way I'm letting you near that old bat," he shook his head, scoffing.

"Don't you think Walder would like to see the woman that got in between a very important oath between two Houses?"

"You're the most stubborn girl I've ever met," he bit his lip, chuckling lowly.

A long period of silence washed over them. Should I tell him? She thought.

"Marla, why have you been so distant lately?" He queried, stepping closer to his wife.

She sighed, suddenly feeling very hypocritical. She had the right to scold Robb for keeping a secret from her, meanwhile she was keeping something even worse from him.

"Robb..." she uttered, unable to find the strength to tell him. She felt incredibly guilty.

"You've been in a foul mood for weeks, you get sick every morning, you've been a restless sleeper...the list goes on. What are you keeping from me?" He pressed on.

She swallowed down a lump in her throat. "I'm...um, well you see, I thought I was ill but the maester...he, uh..." she trailed off.

"Good gods, Marla! Just spit it out!"

"I'm with child!" She blurted, "With your child."

A look of pure shock and utter surprise graced his sharp features. He huffed out a breath and began chuckling. "Are you serious?" He asked, now his face was only inches away from hers.

A wide smile pulled at the corners of her mouth as she nodded, "Yes," she confirmed. "Are you angry with me?"

Tears welled up in both of their eyes as they embraced. "Of course I'm not angry with you, this is all I've ever wanted," Robb breathed into Marla's ear as she stroked his cheek softly.

It was in this moment that Marla knew she wanted the child. She had no doubts anymore.

________________________________

Nineteen! ✔️ (please read author note)
I'm not so sure I'm 100% happy with the way this chapter turned out, but if you guys liked it lmk! I love hearing from my readers about improvements or any concerns! Writing is what I do for fun—it's a safe place I go to for comfort and to feel stress-free. Now that school is starting back up I won't have as much time to write, but I'll try to update as often as possible (weekends or holidays).
Xx