Written in Ink (Soulmate AU)

It was told that if your soulmate wrote on their arm, you got the ink too. And man was that true. I, of all people, can confirm that for you. Just take a lookie at my arm! It's covered in doodles, extra notes, and so many other things. (An occasional dick drawing, but who am I to say what's happening in their lives?) Let me just say, my soulmate was BORN to be an artist. They even did face paint from time to time.

I could sit for hours just watching them draw. The lines appearing, slowly at first, and more confident towards finishing. I loved it when they added color. They had a habit of always drawing a semi-colon on their right wrist, to help raise awareness for suicide. I have to admit though, it got distracting sometimes. Especially during school. Sometimes the school would even make me wear long sleeves, but I didn't care. My soulmate was adorable.

Every now and then, they would write little notes on their arm, where to go and what time. I may seem like a creepy stalker, but I would try to be there. Wouldn't you too if you had the chance to meet your soulmate? I was in the middle of doing homework when something appeared on my wrist. It was conveniently near my house, and I had nothing going on. So on the date, I packed my bag and headed out.

It was a cafe. A sweet-looking, cozy, small cafe. I walked inside and looked around. I didn't see anybody with writing on their arm, or wearing long sleeves, so I sat down at a small table. I WAS about 10 minutes early anyway. I ordered a coffee and waited. A few people walked in. A man with a goatee and a cowboy hat, a girl my age with a fedora and black cat skirt, and another girl my age with overalls.

I looked at each person's arms carefully. The man and the girl with overalls had nothing on their shown arms. The last girl, however, was wearing long sleeves. She put down her bag next to a table with another girl sitting on it. The cat girl sat down and talked to her friend for a while. Her sleeve slid up a little bit, and... I saw a semi-colon on her wrist! I thought that it must be her.

 Eventually, she stood up and walked over to the counter to order something. I stood up and followed suit. Just casually getting another cup of coffee! Then she tripped and almost fell. I caught her, and her sleeve was pulled up more. All the little designs on her arm. She blushed and quickly stood up. 

"I-I am so so sorry. And thankful." She slid her sleeve back over her arm, embarrassed. "I'm Lily. You are..."

"I'm Michael," I said, offering the best smile that I could. "nice to meet you." I offered out my arm to shake. She glanced down at it and stared before smiling. She took it and shook.

"I think I'm going to see you again." She said, with a smile.