Chapter 9 (Poor Asahd)

Start from the beginning

I stared at the ground, the lump in my throat, unshakable. There I was, sitting on a bench in a park I found close by. My clothes were now twisted and my perfect hair, scattered, because I'd pulled on both earlier, when I had to let all that rage out.

'How can this be happening? Asahd you are fucked up. I'm so finished. It's for real!'

I put my face in my palms, unable to fight the urge to cry. And I did. I shed tears for a long while and took my phone out. Since I'd picked it up, I'd not tried to put it on.
Crossing my heart, I tried and when it came on, I almost skipped. I tried manipulating and was glad that no function was acting funny.

'A Prince like me, now stuck with a cracked phone.'

I shut my eyes at the annoying thought. But then decided to think positive. I needed positive at that moment.

'Cracked phone. Way better than none.'

I opened my eyes, feeling slightly better. It was already past 7PM. The park was empty. I was going to leave when I noticed a strange guy with a hoodie, coming my direction. My reflex was quick!
I threw my phone and wallet in nearby bushes.

I was going to act like I'd not seen him, but as expected and dreaded, he approached me and before I could react, he had a gun pointed at my face. He had a mask and gloves.

"Your wallet! Now!" he growled.

"I don't have any. It was stolen." the fear that took over me!

"You trying to fool me?!" he growled and I almost peed on myself.

"Ch- check me! Please! I'm not lying! That's why I'm stuck here!"

The robber laughed a little, clearly mocking me.

"Your accent. Asian, Arab or purely Arab? You're definitely new here."

"Arab. I'm from Morocco." I stammered, beginning to sweat.

"Pretty boy wanted to visit New York. Well, welcome to New York!" he laughed, his gun still pointing at my forehead. I thought I would pass out. I couldn't breathe straight!

"P- please."

"Stand!" he growled and I jumped off that bench. Literally.

"Yallah." I muttered in great fear.

'Allah help me, please...'

I shut my eyes tight, my hands up. I never prayed, but there I was. A good coward.
He searched me and after realising I was empty, he spoke:

"You're telling the truth, huh? Turn."

Trembling, I turned.

"Please."

"That's an expensive watch, looks gold. Bet it is. Those shoes too look expensive. Everything on you does."