(1)

Connor hated how he had the tendency to stare at things that he found pleasant.

There was a window in his apartment that he always kept covered. If he looked out of it, he'd have the perfect view of the apartment complex across the street, housing some of the richest people in Detroit. It had unnecessarily large rooms, and Connor envied everyone living in there- mostly because they were using it half the time.

In his case, the window that was normally covered faced a window in someone else's apartment- and looking out of it would give him a great view of the building, and inside whoever lived there. He learned the hard way that the woman that used to live there had the tendency to walk around her place in very skimpy outfits as if she didn't know that she could potentially have an audience. And while most men would kill to have a view like that, Connor was the exact opposite, and very concerned for her privacy.

One accidental peek caused him to close the curtains.

If he wasn't so bad at talking with people, he could've even convinced himself to tell her that- while he wasn't checking her out- he couldn't trust anyone else in his sketchy building not to. And maybe he should've, but he would rather die than feel the awkwardness in that conversation.

But, fortunately, that was only temporary. The woman living there moved out, and by the time Connor found out, she was long gone.

At the time, he was moving around things to make his apartment seem less cramped. After he almost knocked something over, and he felt himself get curious, he opened the curtains to take a quick peek outside.

And holy damn.

He was met with a... very pleasant view. A man had his window open, and from what Connor could tell, he was just moving some boxes around the place.

He just... watched.

And sure, if he was thinking straight right now, he would've told himself that staring was creepy and that, if he were caught, this view would be temporary.

But, for some reason, he couldn't.

The guy wasn't even doing anything special- and yet it was enough to catch his undivided attention. He tried justifying his reasons, telling himself that he probably recognized this man, but nobody came to mind by just looking at him.

The man paused and looked out of the window, straight at him, and Connor almost ripped the curtain at how fast he closed it. He was just caught- shit- he probably made him extremely uncomfortable.

He should probably apologize.

Then again, that meant he had to actually interact with this stranger. So, no thank you.

________

Connor would never get used to his alarm clock ringing loudly in his face. He slammed the button until it was off, careful not to break it like he had with many clocks before this one.

It was just another boring morning for him. He got dressed, told himself that he'd open up a window and get some air by the time he got back, and left the apartment with full trash bags in his hands. They weren't necessarily heavy- nothing he couldn't carry on his own, but he wasn't afraid to admit to himself that carrying them down the stairs was definitely not fun.

He walked outside, past the entrance that was covered in graffiti, and towards the dumpsters on the side.

Even from a slight distance, Connor could see the color of his eyes when their gaze locked on to each other. One dark blue, one a jade green. Multicolored eyes locked on to his, which must've been boring in comparison.