Truth | Shirazu Ginshi

Start from the beginning

"W-wha... Uh, okay, sorry..." He trailed off, obviously a bit sad. 

"I'm kidding, Shark Boy. You can stay over as long as you want. Actually, how about some tea? It'll probably help you relax after that ghoul chase." You proposed, using most of your strength to get up. 

"I've got no complaints about that." Your boyfriend said, getting up as well. "I'll just get into something more confortable than this. No offense, but I feel a bit over dressed compared to you." He said, motioning to your loose T-shirt and sweat pants. "You still have some of my clothes, right?" 

"I could never throw them away. They're in the closet." You said, heading to the kitchen. "Oh, and I've got some left over cheesecake, want a piece?" You called out. 

"Fuck yeah!" Shirazu answered from your room. 

You smiled at his enthusiasm before taking out a kettle to boil water in, and grinding some coffee beans to brew yourself some coffee afterwards. 

"Ginshi, is camomille okay?" You called out. "It would help you relax!" 

You waited a few seconds, and soon grew worried when your boyfriend didn't answer you. Frowning, you turned around and called out once again. "Ginshi?"

The lack of answer made your stomach turn with anxiety as you quietly made your way to your room, slowly pushing the door open and closing it behind you. The metal click of the door closing shut made Ginshi turn his upper body towards the sound, showing you what he had in his hands. 

Those were definitely not his clothes. 

"You're... You..." He could barely utter a sentence, glancing from the mask reeking of blood and back to you. You had forgotten to wash it. 

"Ginshi, I'm sorry you had to find out like this..." You stated calmly, trying not to make him panic. Apparently, your dark statement made him do just that. He jumped up, looking like he was about to jump out the window until he noticed there were no windows. 

He swallowed dryly, mustering up all his courage to look back at you, finally getting what the situation apparently was. "You tricked me..." He stated. That meant you lied. You tricked him to eat him. You were faking everything. "You don't..." Shirazu shut his mouth before he could pronounce the last words. 

The fact that he, a CCG investigator, was heartbroken because a ghoul didn't love him what the most twisted thing he ever experienced. His throat seemed to tighten, which you took notice of. You were going to kill him, weren't you? At any moment, you would drop your façade and murder him. 

He didn't get to say goodbye to Haru... 

"Ginshi, I never tricked you." You said, not moving from the door. You weren't going to hold him here by force, but if he wanted to leave, he'll have to at least walk by you. "I understand that some ghouls would have tricked you, but I'm not one of them. The only lie I told you was that I'm human, and I would have told you the truth, just... much later." 

Your words nearly got to him, but he knew better. You were using him, using his emotions against him. Ghouls don't stop at anything to get their meals. 

"Ginshi, you have to believe me..." You took a few steps towards him, hand reaching out for him. Once you saw your lover flinch, you retracted your hand. "I don't enjoy this lifestyle. I don't enjoy killing. The only reason I do it is for survival. And that's a normal instinct every living being has... Please, hear me out. Hear my version of the story. I never would have harmed you. That's why I fled instead of taking you and your squad on, Ginshi." You took a few more careful steps until you were within arms reach of the man. By now, you looked more dejected than he did.