Chapter 1

It was a Saturday morning, and Peter Parker really didn't feel like getting out of bed. It was summer vacation, so he was allowed to sleep in. And, he was staying at the Avengers compound, so he didn't have Aunt May pestering him to wake up. Unfortunately, he now had Friday pestering him to wake up. On her bored boss' orders of course.

"Peter, Tony says that if you don't get out of bed and keep him company, he is going to have Natasha kick your door down. Again." The computer alerted.

Peter groaned "Ok, ok I'm up! Tell him I'm getting changed and I will be in the kitchen in a few minutes."

It's really annoying having an insomniac as a mentor. Because when he stays up all night and is up at the crack of dawn he wants somebody to talk to. That somebody is usually Peter. Tony knows that he's the only one who never says 'no'.

A few minutes later Peter walked into the kitchen to see the majority of the other Avengers sitting at the table talking. He then glared over at Tony, "I thought you said you were lonely?!"

"I am." He pointed at the others "they aren't talking about anything interesting."

Peter groaned and went to make himself a bowl of cereal while the others laughed at him and Tony. Peter went back to the table and found a seat between Tony and Steve. He sure was glad they had figured that whole civil war thing out. He really liked some of the other Avengers.

"So, Peter, you excited to be a Junior next year?" Natasha asked.

He laughed a bit "No not really." The others laughed too. "School's just not really a challenge for me. I just can't wait until I graduate."

"And then go to college at MIT." Tony added.

Peter smiled "We'll see Mr. Stark. My Aunt is probably going to want me to stay in New York."

"You and your aunt really have an awesome relationship." Sam commented.

He nodded "Aunt May is the best. We get along so great. She was even super chill when she found out about my powers." Tony snorted. "Okay maybe not 'super' chill. She kinda threatened to call the police on Mr. Stark." The others laughed "But we talked her out of it eventually. And she still lets me be Spider-Man so that's pretty cool." They all nodded.

The rest of the day went on fairly normally. Bruce, Tony, and Peter messed around in the lab for a few hours. Then Peter went on a run with Steve, Sam, and Bucky. After that everyone had lunch. Then he did some training with Natasha and Clint. He ended off the day with him and Wanda trying to explain Star Wars to Vision and Thor. They really weren't getting it.

After dinner, Peter was pretty wiped out, so he went straight to bed. He had some troubles getting to sleep. But after an hour or so he was able to manage. He later wished that he hadn't.

You must be Peter.

I'm Liz's dad.

I'm going out of town. It's right on my way.

I'll bet you were glad when your old pal Spider-Man showed up in the elevator though, huh?

You walk through those doors, you forget any of this happened...

I'll kill you... and everybody you love.

You know, I gotta tell you, Pete... I really, admire your grit.

I'm sorry, Peter.

I'm not going home empty-handed.