"Hmm-hmm-hmm." He chuckled as he kissed her head again.

"Ya' gotta eat before ya' can sleep, lass."

"Sleep now...eat later." She grumbled, her eyes still tightly shut.

"You 'ave an Ursid in 'dat belly o' yers, and we 'ave ravenous appetites. If ya' don't feed him, he'll kick ya' until ya' do."

With comedic timing, Claire got a strong kick from inside her belly, and she quickly sat up. She looked at her belly and pointed her finger into it.

"Hey! Whose side are you on anyways? You're not supposed to team up with your daddy until you're out of my belly." She teased her unborn child.

Silver smirked at his fiancee, and was quite amused at the timing of his son's kick.

"Fine, you boys win...this time. I'll eat."

Claire got off of Silver and sat in the seat next to him, and Sarah and John stood up and went to plate up their dishes and bring them to the table. They placed the food down in front of each seat, and everyone dug in. Everyone was in bliss as they ate these gourmet meals, and many food moans could be heard.

"Oh Sarah, 'dis meatloaf is some o' da' finest cuisine I ever tasted! Da' sauce is..mmm."

"Why, thank you, John! But I have to say that this stew is-is just phenomenal! I mean, really! I've never tasted anything like it!"

"It do be my specialty. Tis' an old family recipe that goes way back. Na-ow, let's settle 'dis once an' for all." His eyes narrowed as he looked at Sarah.

"Agreed." She said as she narrowed her eyes in return.

The two of them looked at Claire and Faye with an intensity.

Claire leaned over to Faye with confusion written on her face. "What is happening?"

"Oh, right. You were sleeping when we talked about this. They want us to judge who's a better cook."

"Oh gosh..that's an impossible decision." Claire whispered.

Faye sat straight again and looked at the two chefs as she interlocked her fingers and rested her hands on the table.

"I'm gonna have to go with John on this one. There is a delightful and irresistible tanginess and depth to his stew, plus I'm a sucker for a good shrimp dish." 

Silver smirked as the two turned their attention to Claire.

"Okay...so...don't hate me...but I'm picking my mom." She said with a blush.

"Oh, C-ster! Ya' cut me ta' da' quick!" He said as he placed his hand over his heart in a dramatic flair.

"I'm sorry! I love her food! There's a nostalgic feeling to it, and I've been eating your cooking for a year. I still love yours, it's really good, but Mom's is kinda refreshing and just as good as yours."

"Ha! Mom for the win!" Sarah cheered as she leaned her arm against the table.

"I guess it's a tie." Silver announced as he held his hand out to Sarah to shake.

"I suppose it is. I guess we're evenly matched." She smiled as she shook his hand.

"Well, this was fun, but I'm exhausted...so I'm going to bed. Are you going to join me, Silver?" She asked as she stood up.

"I'll be d'ere in a bit, lass. I wanna help yer' mum tidy up da' kitchen first."

"We got the dishes, John. You go tuck Claire into bed." Faye interjected.

In Love with a Pirateजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें