"I'm at Chase's place." 

She lets out a sigh. "Oh good. I'm glad you're okay." 

"Yeah, I'm fine." I look over my shoulder to see Chase preoccupied by the morning paper. I take this as my opportunity to walk into the bathroom, shutting the door behind me and locking it. 

"You really dodged a bullet there, hey." Jaz chuckles on the other line. 

"What do you mean?" 

"With Harry." Even the mention of his name stirs up something inside of me. 

"What about him?" I ask her, forcing the bitter tone that wants to seep in out of my voice. 

"He was with that girl, playing fucking tonsil hockey. He's an asshole. I'm glad you didn't do anything to be with him." Her voice raises slightly, for reasons that are unknown. I can feel myself become defensive at her accusations. 

"He's not an asshole. I wasn't going to leave anyone for anybody." 

"He's an asshole, Iz. He had this cocky smirk on his lips after you rushed out of the diner. Completely oblivious to the girl in front of him. He just watched you rush out. He's a major twat." 

"He watched me leave?" My heart falters. He knew I was there. That asshole. 

"Yup." 

"Listen, Jaz. I have to go." I don't know what I'm doing but something inside of me snapped. I hang up the phone and rush out of the bathroom. 

I walk over to where Chase is startling him on his chair. "Babe?" He looks over at me, his brows furrowed as he asks me if I'm okay. Ignoring his confused looks, I grasp his jaw in my hands and crash my lips onto his. 

He takes a moment to react, but when he does he pulls me onto his lap. His lips respond to my kiss. My hands wrap around his neck, my fingers getting lost in the base of his neck and his soft hair. I pull back, only slightly, and lean my forehead against his. "I-" I pause. My eyes getting lost in his ocean blue ones. 

"I love you." I whisper against his lips. His eyes widen at my confession. He pulls me closer into his chest, crashing his lips once again on mine. 

"I love you too, Bella. I love you too." He smiles against my lips. My own smile being forced up. 

I wasn't sure why I told Chase that I loved him. Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. All I knew was that I wasn't going to let Harry stop me from being happy. I was done with him. This was the first step. It had to be. 

If it was, then why did I feel like crap?

-

The bookstore is empty. As usual. Books line the shelves and boxes are pushed behind the front desk. I look out the window, watching the people walk around in the gloomy day. The rain had stopped finally, leaving the London skies dark grey and cold. 

The bell of the door jingles, signaling that someone new was in. I look up and am met with the one person I didn't want to see. 

Standing at the front of the bookstore, in a black peak coat and this same ripped skinny jeans stood Harry. His eyes were focused on me. His face blank of all expression. 

It had been a few days since I last saw him at the diner. 

It has also been a few days since Chase and I exchanged I love yous. Things haven't been different since I told him those three words. If anything, he is just as affectionate than he was before I told him. 

Harry's eyes don't leave me. He walks over from where he stood in the front and made his way over to me. I back up from my spot in the classical literature section. As he comes closer, I move farther away.