Chapter One

💜Lyric💜
I finally got to Times Square. The thing that sucked? It's raining cats and dogs. I only had a hoodie and leather jacket covering my Sleeping with Sirens t-shirt and ripped skinnys. I had a black back pack and duffle bag stuffed with stuff I shop lifted.
A sudden clap of thunder made me scream. It was around 12 at night and I was right under some apartments.
A lady with long brown hair came running down. "Are you okay? are you lost? My name is Sally."
"I-I um I need a place to stay. My names Lyric." I say. She lightly takes my arm and drags me to her apartment. She sits me down at the table and grabs a phone. "Where's your parents?" Sally asks. "I ran away. Calling my dad won't work." I say. "Where is he?" she asks. "California. Please. You can't send me back there." I beg.
"This is my husband, Paul." She says. "Hi." I say quietly. "Why did you run away?" Paul asks, making me a sand which and glass of tea. I stand up and show them my stomach and back. "My stomach has a burn mark from a clothing iron when I was 5. My back has scars from a whip when I was 9-14. After that, I ran away. He blamed me for my mom leaving and because I have dyslexia and ADHD." I say. "What about your arms?" Sally asks.
"Me. Mine. I did that." I whisper. "You cut yourself?" she gasps. I slowly nod. I look up and she's crying. "You can stay here. My son Percy is coming home later so you'll have to share a room with him. There's a bathroom down the hall." She says as she hugs me.
"Thank you." I whisper. I tell her about me after I finish the sand which and tea.
She showed me to Percy's room and I change into a pair of short shorts and a tank top.
I saw a guitar in the corner and played Demi Lovato's Fix A Heart. When I was finished I heard 3 pairs of claps. Sally's, Paul's and- "This is my son, Percy." Sally says. He walks in and shakes my hand. "Lyric." I say. He smiles and nods. "I'll let you guys get to know each other. Don't stay up too late." She says,kisses out foreheads, and walks out and shuts the door. Percy looks at me again and gasps.
"Your eyes! their purple!" I jump up and put on my sunglasses after putting the guitar away. "Hey. Don't do that. I like them. Their pretty." he says.
I look down and blush. In the process, some of my hair fell on my eyes. I lift my hand up and swipe it to the side. Percy's eyes land on my wrists. "Lyric, what are those?" he asks, taking my wrist in his hands. "Why?" He asks. I tell him everything I told his mom. When I'm done he pulls me into a hug and I break down. I sob into his neck.
Percy lays back so he's laying down with me practically on top of him. After awhile I calm down and he starts a tickle war. He pins me down with my wrists above my head and his stomach pressed to mine while he laughs in my neck. When he's done laughing, he looks at me, our faces a couple inches away. He looks in my eyes, to my lips, and my eyes again.
He starts leaning in and I don't stop him. I close my eyes and wait. It never comes. He coughs and laughs. My eyes snap open and I see him laughing. I yank my wrists away from him and crawl out from under him.
I grab my wallet and jackets and shove my steel toes on, then climb out the window to the roof. In my pockets is some gauze and in my wallet there's my blade. I pull it out.
One cut.
Two cut.
Three cut.
Four cut.
After 2 minuets my while arm up to my elbow is bleeding. I wrap it up with the gauze. I put up my blade and climb down and back into the window.
Percy's sitting on his bed playing a game on his phone.
I walk over to my bag and take off my leather jacket but keep my hoodie. "Where am I sleeping?" I ask. "With me. Up here." He says. I nod slightly and lay down by the wall. "Why do you have your hoodie on?" Percy asks. "I'm cold." I say. "Here. You can have the warmest blanket." Percy says. I nod and slowly unzip my jacket. He watches me and he hands me the blanket. I slide off the sleeves and he sees the gauze.
"Did you cut again?" He asks. I nod lightly. "Because of me?" his voice cracks. "I'm so sorry." He pulls me in yet another hug. This time I'm the one who's comforting him. I lay back as he did and he cuddles up to me and faces me. "Lyric? Come close. I need to tell you something." I move closer to him. "Closer."
I move closer.
"Closer."
I move closer so my noes is touching his.
"Closer."
"Percy if I move any closer I'll be kissing you." I say.
"Exactly." He says. Then he wraps his arm around my waist and rolls on top of me and kisses me.

*did ya like it?????
~Lyrical_Weirdo*