Chapter 1

The second edition of WWE's Mixed Match Challenge was about to get underway. Unlike with the first event a year earlier, some of the pairings had not been announced ahead of time. For that reason, the entrance of Andrade 'Cien' Almas and Zelina Vega had gotten quite a reaction from the post-Smackdown crowd.

To date, Vega had not wrestled a match on the main roster. Given that she was now standing in the ring in wrestling attire, that was apparently about to change. The fact that she had walked over to the corner of the ring and demanded a microphone was less of a surprise.

"That's right, you'd better cheer," Zelina began, talking down to the fans as ever. "Because you're about to not only be lucky enough to have Andrade 'Cien' Almas perform in front of you, you're also going to see Zelina Vega in action! You really are privileged."

"That's all well and good," Tom Phillips said on commentary as another small cheer went up. "But who are their opponents going to be? On the brackets I have, neither of the teams in this match have been announced."

"You're going to witness history," Vega went on. "And I don't just mean tonight. You're looking at the team who are going to win Mixed Match Challenge 2, because El Idolo y La Muñeca are..."

The intro to Alexa Bliss's music interrupted Zelina, drawing a remarkably loud ovation for someone who was supposed to be a heel character.

"Yes! Here we go!" Graves cried, shamelessly marking out as Alexa walked out onto the stage. "The Goddess is in the Mixed Match Challenge! Look how beautiful she is."

Alexa stood there with her gloved hands raised in her signature pose, her Raw Women's Championship around her waist and smug little smile on her face.

"But who is her partner going to be?" Byron Saxton asked as her music faded out. She still stood there posing, awaiting the arrival of her teammate.

The fans knew who they wanted it to be. Many fondly recalled the chemistry that had existed between Alexa and Braun Strowman in the first Mixed Match Challenge. The pairing known as Team Little Big had been the one most people had wanted to win, only for them to come up short at the semi-final stage, losing to The Miz and Asuka. A chant of "We want Braun" quickly filled the arena. In the ring, Almas and Vega were shown looking at each other with concern, fearing that the crowd might have their wish granted.

With perfect timing, the music for Alexa's partner hit just as the chant began to die down.

"Braun!"

A real eruption came from the fans.

"It's Strowman! Braun Strowman!" Phillips yelled. "Mr Monster in the Bank is Alexa Bliss's partner!"

"Team Little Big are reunited!" Graves shouted gleefully. "They're my pick to win the whole thing! Who's going to beat the Raw Women's Champion and the Money in the Bank holder?"

Braun had walked onto the stage and stood next to Alexa. Holding his prized briefcase, he looked across and down at his partner, who appeared so tiny by comparison to him. His expression seemed to give away that he had a crush on Little Miss Bliss, however there was a job to be done.

Glancing up at Strowman, Alexa motioned towards the ring with her head. They started walking down the ramp side by side.

Phillips said, "The first match of Mixed Match Challenge 2 is going to be Almas and Vega against Strowman and Bliss. Just a minute ago, Zelina was telling us all how her team was going to win, yet now look at her. She's already standing on the apron, with absolutely no intention of starting the match."

"Zelina's smart, Tom," Graves began, only for his colleague to cut back in.

"Smart? Have you not seen Braun Strowman? Almas is a great wrestler; a former NXT champion, but Strowman is a monster! I don't see how you can describe putting Almas in the ring with Strowman as smart?"